• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter trays....

Jellybean

New Kit
Hello everyone, I use a corner litter tray for my two buns and I have found that they are really messy. They use the tray but gosh do they wee and poo like horses!! For this reason, and my ocd haha I change their litter tray twice daily. Has anyone used megazorb or anything similar? Does it work like small animal litter? What other things do you guys do? I have tried a larger plastic tub with hay in and litter on the bottom and the hay just gets wet from thier wee wee. One of my rabbits has long hair and I don't really want them getting wet in the cold winter by sitting in wet hay. The corner litter tray works well but I think I need a more cost effective litter solution 😊 Thank you xx

We used Megazorb which was great - until we got buns with very long fur. I found it got stuck in their fur, which wasn't fair on them. We use puppy pads now, and change twice daily.

A lot of people use newspaper with hay on top (needs to get change twice daily too, I'd say).

Many use under-bed storage tubs as litter trays. I use two kitten-litter trays each for Teddy and Pepper (will get bonded soon, so will share after that), and Bella & Bertie has a large grow-tray from B&Q.

Having more than one tray is a good solution too - more space to pee!

We use litter tray from MPH as has a hay rack built in.
We've also got one small cat litter tray and one under bed storage box.

We use Fitch I'm all of them. Brilliant odor control and they get cleaned twice a week. That's for two indoor bunnies.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

My buns have large high sided cat litter trays. One per pair of buns. I still use wood shavings with hay on top. I clean out two to three times a week.

Underbed storage boxes here with megazorb in them, and normally hay once they've pulled it all out of the hay feeder! I've tried different combinations with puppy pads, newspaper, fitch etc but always go back to megazorb as that works out better for me in terms of cost, absorbency and ease of cleaning out.

Mine have megazorb too. Between the three they have one litter tray & 2 storage boxes, changed daily

I have 2 cat litter trays with a sheet of newspaper in and hay on one side so she can pee in one side and eat they hay from the other. Although she tends not to bother with the hay!

Underbed storage box for his main litter tray, I use woodpellet cat litter, its extremely absorbent:thumb: with a basket of hay at one end.

I use three 32 litre underbed storage bed between four rabbits lined with a thick layer of newspaper, some straw and a load of hay.

Back