• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boo & her princess lair- update

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
Some of you will have heard my ramblings about all this so I'll offer a brief summary

Joey & Boo used to come upstairs with us at bedtime. Mouse joined Joey & Boo so bedroom visits were postponed during bonding. Mouse has never come upstairs & Joey shows no interest anymore. Boo adores bedtime, ushers us upstairs, gets a treat, a fuss, then spends many hours lying across the threshold of our bedroom door - guarding us from harm :love:

In a couple of months we will be moving. I'm asking now as I'm anticipating less time for RU chit chat when the time comes (plus it is on my mind so thinking about it a bit). I'm working hard on making sure my flooring choices will be as bunny friendly as possible. The stairs will be in a more obvious place & I'm kinda hoping all bunnies will venture upstairs to see us. They are also less steep at the new place.

Boo is a bossy cow with everyone & everybun but Mouse gets the brunt of it. All three bunnies are bonded but Boo gets jealous if Mouse is having fusses from us for example. I get the feeling fur would fly (Mouses :( ) if Mouse were to come in our bedroom aka Boo's princess lair. A new house would be an opportunity for a fresh start I reckon.

SO, should I put all bunnies in the bedroom early on in an attempt to make it everybuns & not just Boo's & hopefully quosh her territorial urges??The thing that is putting me off is Mouse is nervy of too much space - it took her over a year to feel comfortable venturing out of the lounge. Any tips, suggestions or thoughts very much welcome.

I have a feeling I'm going to have to rebond these three when we move - I just hope it doesn't take 7 months second time round.

Last edited:
Some of you will have heard my ramblings about all this so I'll offer a brief summary

Joey & Boo used to come upstairs with us at bedtime. Mouse joined Joey & Boo so bedroom visits were postponed during bonding. Mouse has never come upstairs & Joey shows no interest anymore. Boo adores bedtime, ushers us upstairs, gets a treat, a fuss, then spends many hours lying across the threshold of our bedroom door - guarding us from harm :love:

In a couple of months we will be moving. I'm asking now as I'm anticipating less time for RU chit chat when the time comes (plus it is on my mind so thinking about it a bit). I'm working hard on making sure my flooring choices will be as bunny friendly as possible. The stairs will be in a more obvious place & I'm kinda hoping all bunnies will venture upstairs to see us. They are also less steep at the new place.

Boo is a bossy cow with everyone & everybun but Mouse gets the brunt of it. All three bunnies are bonded but Boo gets jealous if Mouse is having fusses from us for example. I get the feeling fur would fly (Mouses :( ) if Mouse were to come in our bedroom aka Boo's princess lair. A new house would be an opportunity for a fresh start I reckon.

SO, should I put all bunnies in the bedroom early on in an attempt to make it everybuns & not just Boo's & hopefully quosh her territorial urges??The thing that is putting me off is Mouse is nervy of too much space - it took her over a year to feel comfortable venturing out of the lounge. Any tips, suggestions or thoughts very much welcome.

I have a feeling I'm going to have to rebond these three when we move - I just hope it doesn't take 7 months second time round.

I would definitely put all three in the same place at the same time. If that means the bedroom, then yes I would do that. I would be concerned about territorial wees though. There'll probably be poos but they are marginally easier to deal with :)

I think in a new place you can have a new start. You can choose to put a gate at the bottom of the stairs, meaning all will be together downstairs, or make sure all come up to the bedroom.

You are right to be thinking about it now. I doubt (fingers crossed) you will have any bonding issues, but be clear that all are welcome everywhere.

Wishing you luck for the move.
It sounds like a good plan. Could you start them in a small pen in he bedroom which gradually increases to reduce chance of it being too scary for mouse?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I would definitely put all three in the same place at the same time. If that means the bedroom, then yes I would do that. I would be concerned about territorial wees though. There'll probably be poos but they are marginally easier to deal with :)

I think in a new place you can have a new start. You can choose to put a gate at the bottom of the stairs, meaning all will be together downstairs, or make sure all come up to the bedroom.

You are right to be thinking about it now. I doubt (fingers crossed) you will have any bonding issues, but be clear that all are welcome everywhere.

Aww thanks for your reply MM. Their general living space will be in our lounge which is where I'll probably give them their introduction to new house meeting. Do you reckon I should stop Boo coming upstairs until Mouse is confident in the lounge or show them our bedroom early on before Boo stakes her claim?

They better not be doing territorial wees - not in my lovely new house. They didn't first time, poo yes - lots of that but all wee in their trays

ooooh will it be poo party at joeyandboos place then lol.. mouse sounds so like darcy and boo sounds so like tiggi its amazing. darcy gets the brunt of everything and she sometimes gets scared of everybun if tiggi is being especially bossy. If i give them anything new, even a cardboard box tiggi will not let anyone explore until she has had her fill. i would keep them all downstairs until mouse gets used to things then take them all upstairs together that way you are in control

Wishing you luck for the move.
It sounds like a good plan. Could you start them in a small pen in he bedroom which gradually increases to reduce chance of it being too scary for mouse?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

thanks for the well wishes DP. Boo was actually an unbelievable rotter when she was pended - her moods change with the wind & she gets bored v easily:roll: . The lounge is really small so it is a kind of compromise

Aww thanks for your reply MM. Their general living space will be in our lounge which is where I'll probably give them their introduction to new house meeting. Do you reckon I should stop Boo coming upstairs until Mouse is confident in the lounge or show them our bedroom early on before Boo stakes her claim?

They better not be doing territorial wees - not in my lovely new house. They didn't first time, poo yes - lots of that but all wee in their trays

Ok if this were me (and it's not, but this is what I would do) I would keep all of them together downstairs for a wee while. I might even shut them up in the lounge together for a day or two and restrict their access to other areas. I feel they need to bond with one another in a new place and not immediately splinter off.

I can't remember whether Mouse has a 'stairs' issue, but if she does, then allowing immediate access to stairs may put her back of the queue and give Madam more cause for dominance. I would decide on a 'time' to do stairs and bedroom, and make sure all can manage the stairs during daytime and get used to running up and down - *without* access to the bedroom immediately.

What you don't want (in my opinion) is for Boo to claim a new area as all her own.

This could go against all your plans, but I err on the cautious side and then I can be more flexible if I see things are going well :D

ooooh will it be poo party at joeyandboos place then lol.. mouse sounds so like darcy and boo sounds so like tiggi its amazing. darcy gets the brunt of everything and she sometimes gets scared of everybun if tiggi is being especially bossy. If i give them anything new, even a cardboard box tiggi will not let anyone explore until she has had her fill. i would keep them all downstairs until mouse gets used to things then take them all upstairs together that way you are in control

Yep, you will get your chance at revenge given how amusing I found the poo party at your house. I think that is what I shall do. Confine them all to the lounge til they are all good bunnies then see how they get on in each room, one by one. Thank you

Ok if this were me (and it's not, but this is what I would do) I would keep all of them together downstairs for a wee while. I might even shut them up in the lounge together for a day or two and restrict their access to other areas. I feel they need to bond with one another in a new place and not immediately splinter off.

I can't remember whether Mouse has a 'stairs' issue, but if she does, then allowing immediate access to stairs may put her back of the queue and give Madam more cause for dominance. I would decide on a 'time' to do stairs and bedroom, and make sure all can manage the stairs during daytime and get used to running up and down - *without* access to the bedroom immediately.

What you don't want (in my opinion) is for Boo to claim a new area as all her own.

This could go against all your plans, but I err on the cautious side and then I can be more flexible if I see things are going well :D

Ha ha - cross posted with you - looks like we are in agreement :wave: The stair play time with no bedroom access is a great move. Mouse's previous stair training didn't got to well & Boo literally flies up them. We can wait til deaf Boo is snoring & I can warm Mouse up with a few nuggets ;)She is very food orientated

I think I would keep all three downstairs for a while until you feel Mouse is settled. To stop the association that Boo has currently with bedtime and your bedroom, I would give them all a fuss and a treat downstairs, then leave them all confined to downstairs. Once Mouse is OK, I would introduce all 3 to the bedroom, possibly at a time other than bedtime to start with. dp's advice of a smaller area could also be useful if Mouse seems overwhelmed by all the newness. Then when you feel they are all happy together and confident in their space, you could re-introduce the bedtime regime.

It's going to be interesting to see how they behave and interact in a new house :)

I think I would keep all three downstairs for a while until you feel Mouse is settled. To stop the association that Boo has currently with bedtime and your bedroom, I would give them all a fuss and a treat downstairs, then leave them all confined to downstairs. Once Mouse is OK, I would introduce all 3 to the bedroom, possibly at a time other than bedtime to start with. dp's advice of a smaller area could also be useful if Mouse seems overwhelmed by all the newness. Then when you feel they are all happy together and confident in their space, you could re-introduce the bedtime regime.

It's going to be interesting to see how they behave and interact in a new house :)
It sure is. Just hoping its interesting good :lol:

thanks Omi - the plan is perfected (in theory but we all know rabbits)

MightyMax timid?

The clue's in the name :lol:

Was he always brave or did that happen when he got the name Max? I sometimes worry I gave Mouse a name she feels she needs to live down to :( (although it was chosen more for her pretty face & big round ears)

Back