• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Long wild Grass with seed heads developing

Thank you so much,

Mighty max - yes a full blood profile has been taken and also bloods sent off for EC testing!

All should be back tomorrow hopefully, but my god I know.. And I'm trying to remain positive but after everything I just feel maybe this is a sign and just can't help thinking the worst! It's going be a very long wait! :( :( xxx

I wondered what had shown up on the bloods for the liver values. Guess you don't have the results yet?

Yes, try and remain positive. It's a much better place to be and may even influence the situation?

No I don't have them yet! She never said anything earlier so I assumed they'll probably let me know in the morning when they call. But I'm guessing they probably already have them as when I took Harvey in, within 30 mins of taking his blood they had the results, so they can have a quick turn around when they want too.

So I suppose the fact they haven't rang me is maybe a good thing? Or they are waiting for CT results first? So I really don't know.

Well they kept saying to me, everything felt fine.. I'm so glad now I kept pushing for the full CT. I'm sorry to keep going on, I know there are others who are worse off than me, it's just so hard! :cry:

Bailey is still very quiet, I have managed to get him to eat 2 pieces of carrot peeling & a few coriander and dill bits but that's it! No wee or poo as of yet! :( so think I'll give him till 10, as surely I should see some soon? As he went in at 2! Xx

No I don't have them yet! She never said anything earlier so I assumed they'll probably let me know in the morning when they call. But I'm guessing they probably already have them as when I took Harvey in, within 30 mins of taking his blood they had the results, so they can have a quick turn around when they want too.

So I suppose the fact they haven't rang me is maybe a good thing? Or they are waiting for CT results first? So I really don't know.

Well they kept saying to me, everything felt fine.. I'm so glad now I kept pushing for the full CT. I'm sorry to keep going on, I know there are others who are worse off than me, it's just so hard! :cry:

Bailey is still very quiet, I have managed to get him to eat 2 pieces of carrot peeling & a few coriander and dill bits but that's it! No wee or poo as of yet! :( so think I'll give him till 10, as surely I should see some soon? As he went in at 2! Xx

Hope you've had at least some of the results by now. If they can get results that fast I guess they have a lab on the premises and do it themselves?

Sending vibes and hoping things go OK today xx

Hi guys thanks so much!

Well they have had 2 major emergencies in today. So I haven't even spoken to the vet yet! She's due to call me as soon as She gets out of theatre so more waiting around - it's torture!!

In the meantime little Bailey is doing okay, he's still quite sleepy which I'm concerned about as surely he should be more with it almost 24 hours later? But he's passing poo and wee and also continuing to nibble. Pellets are still a no go but he's happily eating his herbs and nibbling on his hay. I haven't seen him drink this morning so I've just syringed him some water too. As soon as I get the results, course I'll let you all know xx

Here he is, just wish we knew what was wrong! :(

Ack look at him the wee sausage. He is a sweet heart . He does look a tiny bit sleepy doesn't he. But still very good sign that he is nibbling peeing and pooping. Hoping for a good update Ruth.

Oh he's gorgeous - sending good luck vibes and hoping it's nothing serious. My boy bun is also called Bailey - he has a very sensitive tummy and we have episodes of unexplained pain. Gentle nose rubs being sent from one Bailey bun to another! xxx

Thanks so much everyone!

Well I've finally spoken to the vet although we are still waiting for the CT & EC test to come through.. So more waiting! :( :(

However from the bloods they took, they are happy with his values. His one liver one was up, however as the other 2 are within normal range they think this may have been from the elevated stress and not eating recently. From looking more in depth at his CT scan, his tummy did show some bloat, so it could well have been the grass doing this, so no more grass for him at the moment until we can see if this helps.

Although yesterday when they looked briefly his teeth looked okay, there is one at the back where it does have a little tiny spur appearing. They were saying to most bunnies it wouldn't really affect them however with Bailey maybe he's very sensitive and could well be causing him to not eat his pellets. Plus he does itch his cheeks a lot.. So this is looking like more of a possibility? But the CT experts will confirm tomorrow.

The biggy is, when he was their yesterday he was rocking his head, not like how honey did but he was rocking. After checking his ears and finding them perfect, not even a build up of wax. They are seriously thinking he might have EC and have posted me some panacur to start him on. Again this will be confirmed tomorrow so more of a wait. :( :(

On the plus side, he did seem more with it tonight and even ventured out of his little porch to follow me to the bathroom. Still not 100% but looking a lot better than he did. Still lying about ALOT.. But at least he's not hunched up! Xxx

Oh no, you're still having to wait for test results :( At least it hopefully means that they're being thorough. I'm glad he's perked up a little bit but I hope you'll get some answers soon as to why he's been feeling so off-colour recently.

Back