• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need some answers

Sonette

New Kit
I have a question regarding bonding because I think my two buns are unusual in this case.. I kept the both cage/pen side by side for 3 months not even taking them out to bond but today I let them in the bathroom for 2 hours to bond no fighting at all only Keeko (male) humped Luna(Female) then they snuggled together only time she nipped was when he jumped up randomly then they went back to snuggling and at the end of the two hour mark keeko finally realized that Luna wanted to be groomed and she flopped next to him sleeping :D Well I decided to take the chance and cleaned up keeko's pen removed any of his scents and placed them in it together. I was shocked to find they played together chasing eachother around and in the fur tunnel and Keeko still grooms her for time to time but luna is shy. She still doesn't like being pinned in a small corner with him but she doesn't nip or growl or grunt she just moves and flops and he joins her snuggling touching noses. Now Luna is shy even to me but now that she's been with Keeko in the pen for oh gosh 6 going on 7 hours she doesn't act like she did before I'm so amazing but still worried something will happen when I leave for work I'll leave them in the pen overnight since I have to stay up either way but should I put her in the spare cage when I do leave for work just to be sure or did I get the rare love at first bonding buns? so far it seems like that! they are both fixed and months after recovery Keeko even stopped humping her now. :)

12246680_904272872955147_7240682101758208723_n.jpg

Here Keeko and Luna at the end of the 2 hour hour mark I have never ever seen her so relaxed like that even with me. :)

I am assuming both bunnies are neutered? And they look fiine together but it would be safer if you could choose a day when you will be there just to mke sure the buns are happy together, although from your description and the photo they seem fine!

Don't forget the all important hay!!!

They look great together :) You have lovely rabbits. Your girl seems to be taking on the submissive lady role well. If it was me I'd probably leave them to it

I often find bonding a male and female quite simple .. You sure have two lovely looking bunnies there.

I would say that though .. they both look like my Max :lol:

Back