• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Totally confused about bonding!

Laura10101

Warren Scout
Hi

I have only ever had single rabbit in the past and this time I want to do the right thing and get a pair of them but I'm not sure what to do! I ideally want young rabbits and possibly a male/ female pair. Do they need to live apart until both are neutered? How did everyone who has 2 bunnies from the same litter go about it?

Thanks!
Laura

Do you have any rescues near you Laura. If you are after 2 bunnies its probably the easiest way to go, many are often already bonded in pairs. They will have young bunnies too but if you go old enough to have been spayed / neutered thats loads less hassle & expense - plus you get the warm fuzzy feeling from having given a rescue bun a loving home. Boy/girl combos will need to live apart until they are spayed / neutered & recovered. Bunnies are easier to bond all round once they've been neutered

Thanks for your advice :) I don't think there are many rescues about here- most of them have closed down. I hope I can find a pair of fabulous giant bunnies somewhere!

I have a boy n girl from the same litter. they were together up until we knew for sure they were one of each. They were separated for a couple of weeks, spayed/neutered friday just gone and I put them back together last night. A bit of chasing went on and a few nips here n there but nothing major. Today its as if they have never been separated!! You could always do I what I did .. or get a bonded pair from a rescue. I am not sure of any rescues specifically for rabbits in your area .. I know where I am they don't ... only rescue for me would be a RSPCA.

There are a lot of really good rescues on here that many of us have used. If you say where you are someone could recommend one to you.

I have two lovely girls from BARC in yorkshire even though i live in wales so it doesnt have to be local to you.

I'm just outside Glasgow. My dream bunnies would be French lops or continental Giants. I've always owned big bunnies !

I'm just outside Glasgow. My dream bunnies would be French lops or continental Giants. I've always owned big bunnies !

Hi Laura, I'm in Glasgow too. There are a few round here - fairly beloved rabbit (kirkintilloch), they have lots of already bonded rabbits, SSPCA in Glasgow (I forget the place, but near Govan), and also Pets at home have an Adoption for Pets section, where they rehome rabbits. We got our Billy from the P@H adoption area, but they sometimes have pairs too. P@H sometimes put some of their baby rabbits in the adoption section if they've been 'on the shelf' too long (that didn't suit us, but won't push anything on anyone else)

Back