• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny afraid of her husbun.

hoppetylop

Mama Doe
My bonded pair Rosie and Morris have been bonded since May.The bond was easy-he was/is incharge and she accepts that happily.Their bond grew and they became quite close although there was always abit of aloofness from Morris.He began to get abit "food possessive"during the Summer,growling at Rosie if she tucked in first.Shes learnt to stay away while he eats so that's no longer an issue.

Something has happened suddenly though.Rosie has become very wary of her husbun.When he approaches her she always makes a wimpering sound and puts her head right down.If he ignores her-which he usually does now she looks relieved and her body language relaxes,but never totally.They are always apart and sleep in separate parts of the enclosure.Very occasionally they will sit together for a minute but he always hops away after that.I don't see any aggression from him though.

They've both been vet checked and are a good weight,drinking and eating well and poos are good.

I really don't want to separate them but I worry that Rosie cant really relax properly.Shes got sight issues and is a very sensitive and sweet girlie.I jusy wish Morris was kind with her as he was before.Shes just so tense and being older deserves a loving husbun as she loves affection.

Anyone have any ideas?

I assume Rosie is neutered? as the whimpering noise sometimes means the doe wants to be mated with. Other than that I can't think of anything else it can be unless she is incubating some illness.

I assume Rosie is neutered? as the whimpering noise sometimes means the doe wants to be mated with. Other than that I can't think of anything else it can be unless she is incubating some illness.

Yes shes neutered.Its kind of a fearful reaction like"dont hurt me!"

Can you give her more space away from him, to see if she wants to be with him or not. As tonibun says she could be harbouring an illness.

Poor wee soul.... could it be her eyesight has worsened and she is very very nervous now and unsure?.

Back