• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Teddy is thin.

I think that most Rabbit Savvy Vets would feel the same re wanting Teddy to gain some weight before subjecting him to a GA. As I expect your Vet advised, with the supportive feeds its best to do little and often rather than to try to get too much into him at once. Little and often reduces the risk of bloating. Having him indoors will mean that he wont be burning off calories to keep warm, as would be the case outside, especially overnight. You'll also be able to keep a closer eye on exactly what he is eating for himself.

Do you have someone who could help with the feeds? As you have been so poorly yourself you do need to make sure you get some rest too. Giving intensive nursing care to a poorly Rabbit 24/7 is draining even if we are in good health ourselves.

Lots more vibes being sent for Teddy xx

I'm giving him a little bit every hour, well he had 4 feeds tonight and the painkiller is enabling him to graze a tiny bit. He is taking the liquid food well, doesn't like the syringe much but he isn't protesting too much.

Yes I know I'm exhausted today but I had to make the drive to college, I only managed till 1pm and had to come home with exhaustion. I'm hoping this next week (week 5) will bring more healing otherwise I may have to postpone my final year.

My husband is here at the weekend and evenings, he can help make up feeds at least.

This past 4 weeks have been horrendous. After 2 house moves and Binx dying in April, the sh#t hit the fan in August with my daughter having an accident on her birthday and ended up having her head glued to seal a wound... Then I found Thumpy passed in his hutch... Then I fell ill... And that was frightening and I ended up in hospital and have had horrible tests (CT and holter monitor) then my little dog Roxy bit my little boy on the nose, thankfully superficial and he's fine but she is snappy anyway and we had to 're-home her almost 2 weeks ago (to grandad) and I'm still healing, and now Teddy.........

Gosh... I'm done in... But I'm trying to stay positive, smile often and be cheery for my children, I don't know why all this is happening... I feel bad 😔

Sorry to vent, I needed to get it all off there, sending you [emoji813] so I dont send negative vibes out all over xx

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I should take Pony in there too. I find it's comforting to them and keeps both bunnies in the picture and knowing what's going on :D

Ted will be fine with a little more fat on him, I'm sure! Have hope :)
[emoji4] thank you, I know he will, he will be a fat little pudding by the end of all this!

I'm giving him a little bit every hour, well he had 4 feeds tonight and the painkiller is enabling him to graze a tiny bit. He is taking the liquid food well, doesn't like the syringe much but he isn't protesting too much.

Yes I know I'm exhausted today but I had to make the drive to college, I only managed till 1pm and had to come home with exhaustion. I'm hoping this next week (week 5) will bring more healing otherwise I may have to postpone my final year.

My husband is here at the weekend and evenings, he can help make up feeds at least.

This past 4 weeks have been horrendous. After 2 house moves and Binx dying in April, the sh#t hit the fan in August with my daughter having an accident on her birthday and ended up having her head glued to seal a wound... Then I found Thumpy passed in his hutch... Then I fell ill... And that was frightening and I ended up in hospital and have had horrible tests (CT and holter monitor) then my little dog Roxy bit my little boy on the nose, thankfully superficial and he's fine but she is snappy anyway and we had to 're-home her almost 2 weeks ago (to grandad) and I'm still healing, and now Teddy.........

Gosh... I'm done in... But I'm trying to stay positive, smile often and be cheery for my children, I don't know why all this is happening... I feel bad 😔

Sorry to vent, I needed to get it all off there, sending you [emoji813] so I dont send negative vibes out all over xx

It's odd how things seem to happen one after another sometimes. You begin to wonder when it will all let up and you can have a break :shock:

You certainly have had your fair share of 'stuff'.

I am sending you vibes to keep you going, and fattening vibes for little Ted. Your photos are lovely :love:

It's odd how things seem to happen one after another sometimes. You begin to wonder when it will all let up and you can have a break :shock:

You certainly have had your fair share of 'stuff'.

I am sending you vibes to keep you going, and fattening vibes for little Ted. Your photos are lovely :love:
Yes odd, it feels like the universe is against me right now.

Thank you, I appreciate the support 😊 I'll get there.

Yes odd, it feels like the universe is against me right now.

Thank you, I appreciate the support 😊 I'll get there.

Your positive attitude is the best thing for that Universe against me feeling .. Trying to shift the Universe on it's axis so it's more in your favour. It's really hard, but it can be done. Things just don't always turn out the way you want them to.

I hope you have a few positives going on right now for you :thumb:

Awwww bless :love:

After the year you have had I think you are due a change in fortune. I certainly hope that will be the case xx
Thank you. I hope so. Well I'm always positive and I love Autumn the days are so beautiful. ❤

Hi guys,

I'm finding Teddy still isn't eating his cecotropes.. I'm finding lots of them in clusters.

Back