• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Scrappy :(

I was so sorry to see this. :cry: Sending you (((((((((((comforting hugs))))))))))))) at this very sad time. It's so hard when they leave us so suddenly.
Binky free Scrappy. xxxxxxx

I would just like to send a heartfelt thank you to everyone for your condolences. You have all helped me to cry and grieve for Scrappy. I'm finding that grieving for a pet IRL is a very lonely process. The attitude from a lot of people seems to be "it's only a rabbit" and that I should get over it. It helps that people on here know how special bunnies are and how painful it is to lose them. :(

I'm currently going through many aspects of bereavement. In denial, keep hoping/expecting a call to say there's been a terrible mistake and she's still here; overwhelming sadness and flashes of uncontrollable anger. For the moment I'm trying to ride them out as best I can.

I'm finding it hard because I live on my own and Scrappy was my only pet. The flat feels unbearably empty without her. I miss the daily routine: making her breakfast first thing in the morning and her tea in the early evening. Crunchie at 7 and her mad runs around the flat early morning and late at night and her late morning/early afternoon naps in her castle.

For now I'm just trying to take it one day at a time and focus on the happy memories :love:

yes you are right, there are many layers to grieving, so just keep going, take time to move through each stage until you feel ready to move onto the nest stage. so glad you are finding comfort here x big hugs x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back