• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My rabbits limping

Weve recently been on holiday and have only just got our rabbits back from where they're were staying. One of our rabbits was running around fine the minute the got home but then suddenly started to limp and hold her hind leg up when moving, she seems to be fine when sitting down resting on her hind legs.

We have had a look at the paw but we can't see anything that looks out of place.

Any ideas ?

Weve recently been on holiday and have only just got our rabbits back from where they're were staying. One of our rabbits was running around fine the minute the got home but then suddenly started to limp and hold her hind leg up when moving, she seems to be fine when sitting down resting on her hind legs.

We have had a look at the paw but we can't see anything that looks out of place.

Any ideas ?

Welcome to RU :wave:

Perhaps trapped it (in a door?), or leaped on something and landed awkwardly? If it doesn't show signs of improvement in a day or so, I would get it checked out.

If she still isn't using the leg properly tomorrow, I would get her checked out at the vet. If it is broken, it will need setting sooner rather than later. If it is a sprain, she may need pain relief. A rabbit in pain may not eat properly, which can result in other problems such as stasis.

I'd also get her checked out, one of my rabbits Bella freaked out during claw clipping once and landed awkwardly..she had fractured a toe and had to go on metacam as it was quite painful for her, hope it turns out to be nothing serious but I'd still get her checked out by a rabbit savvy vet x

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Back