• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How important is grooming?

Athame

New Kit
How important is grooming? I need to know because I'm having a hard time doing it to my Rex/Angora cross....he just hates being picked up, so I'm doing the best I can when he lies down next to me ...

Hi, it depends how he's doing on his own. If he's keeping his bum clean and there are no mats in his coat then he shouldn't need much help. Or he might just need some extra help when he's moulting. If he does get mats (is he long coated or did the rex and angora kind of cancel each other out?!) then I find six weeks is a good window for grooming sessions, but obviously this is an estimate and a lot depends on the individual bunny and their coat and behaviours. I offer small animal grooming appointments (see sig) and am based in East London, if that's something you'd find helpful :)

Back