• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

sudden falling out

lindsay101

New Kit
Hi,
I own two brothers, they are nearly 5 months old and were castrated 10 days ago.

After a run round the house today, I found they had returned to the kitchen (Their usual free range living area). They started circling each other, and this turned into a fight. This escalated to leaping in the air, hair pulling and jumping on each other. I separated them by holding one, but when the other came near I would struggle to hold on an prevent a fight. I tried this with both without success. An hour later, they are still determined to get each other.

I have put their outdoor run in the kitchen. One is inside, the other is outside. They are still acting very aggressive to each other, and if approached they jump at the cage. Does anyone have any suggestions? Could this be a temporary thing? permanent thing? Any way to get them to make friends again?.

Lindsay x

They'll probably have hormones still knocking around in their systems. Best to leave it a few weeks before attempting any bonding.

No, as they ncan act very aggressively through the bars. The only way forward, and it might not work, is to separate them out of harm's reach of one another and try introducing them in a totally neutral area. I would leave them for as long as is practicable to give them time to settle into their neutered state. When you introduce them make sure nothing smells of either one until they are getting on well and have been together without fighting for a good week.

I hope you can eventually get them back together.

Back