• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grooming tips

Mrs Carr

Warren Scout
First off, apologies! I feel like I have bombarded you all with a million questions! Hopefully you won't mind one more (for the time being)

Does anyone have any tips for making grooming easier? Buddy HATES being brushed with a passion but he's getting outrageously fluffy now so skipping a day just isn't an option ..... I left him for 2 days last week and ended up having to cut out a mat that had formed on his side :(

I have a little soft brush that he just about tolerates BUT it only reaches the top layer of his fur so isn't really much good on it's own, a metal comb and a metal brush that both do an amazing job but he runs and hides from them after about 5 seconds of grooming, I am really gentle when I brush him so I know it's not hurting.

Do I just have to perservere (means restraining him at times, hate doing it but hate the thought of him being matted more) and hope he gets more used to it? or does anyone have any tips I could try to help him along?

Oh! That looks very good. Inexpensive and free delivery.

Do you use one yourself? I have always used a cat's moulting comb, but willing to try something new and good

Yes I use one on mine when they're moulting and when I'm grooming people's bunnies who have lots of undercoat as it's much faster than you'd be with a brush and I think gets more out too. You do get covered in fur but that's pretty much a given anyway, though this is slightly more that way than a brush because it doesn't hold on to the hair! They do also wear down eventually but you can use them until they're tiny and I would guess at them lasting at least a year with a couple of bunnies.

I use it after an initial brush through and follow with a massage brush then another brush through.. and repeat as needed for really fluffy folks!

Last edited:
Yes I use one on mine when they're moulting and when I'm grooming people's bunnies who have lots of undercoat as it's much faster than you'd be with a brush and I think gets more out too. You do get covered in fur but that's pretty much a given anyway, though this is slightly more that way than a brush because it doesn't hold on to the hair! They do also wear down eventually but you can use them until they're tiny and I would guess at them lasting at least a year with a couple of bunnies.

I use it after an initial brush through and follow with a massage brush then another brush through.. and repeat as needed for really fluffy folks!

Thank you :D I'm going to give this a go ...

Me too: Lopsy moults from inside outwards and Aboleth does too later in her moult, so I think it would be really useful to give them some comfort! Neither are particularly keen on me brushing them (they let Matt do it though, favouritism! :roll:), so this might work for me :) Thankyou!

I use a cat zoom groom and groom my two when I have just changed their litter tray and they are nomming on the fresh hay! They don't want to move out of the tray so I can groom them! :lol:

Back