• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

First trio meet through bars

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
Planning on beginning to bond beano and Gordon with Jake tomorrow but just introduced them individually through bars first to try and gauge their reactions. Beano and Jake's went well, beano was ignoring him at first as was Jake but then Jake got more interested, pushing his nose through the bars etc and both were happy eating near each other and both were calm.

Jake and Gordon wasn't as smooth though, Jake wasn't as interested and Gordon tried to nip him through the bars and then he did the same a bit later. There was periods of them both eating though.

Would you still continue?

I personally wouldn't. Do you have 3 neutered boys? You will never know the answer until you try putting them all together in a neutral area, and if there is no fighting keep them together for as long as possible before you move them to where they will be living. You must not leave therm unattended for the first day or so.

No Beano is a girl sorry! Thanks for your reply, I bonded beano and Gordon so know to watch them, my only neutral area is the bathroom so I plan to set up a bed for me there, must be better Tha sleeping in the conservatory with beano and Gordon in December though! :lol: I know I can only know how they'll react when together but I posted a thread about trios a while back with some info on the buns personalities and beano and gordons bond to see if people thought they could work and most people said they'd give it a go but do an introduction through bars first which is why I did this.

Good luck with the trio bonding, we are doing the same today but ours are going away for bonding. I feel very nervous just the same so can't imagine how you must feel, lots of good vibes to you :wave:

Thank you, sending lots of best wishes for your trio :) just going out to get some supplies, gloves, herbs, forage, banana for mashing on their foreheads etc! Then will start :)

Back