• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Attempts to access my account

harrietec

Warren Scout
I've just received an email from Rabbits United telling me that someone has tried to access my account with an incorrect password 5 times and has provided the IP address of the person trying to gain access. Is this a genuine thing? Can I use the IP address to find who is trying to access my account?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

It's usually spam bots just trying out accounts randomly - the IP usually resolves to china. If you got the email, they didn't manage it :)

I've just had the same email. Very strange as I've not been on for ages so I know it's dodgy.

Me too! That's why I logged in but i haven't been on here for ages .. Weird because my rabbit Womble died this week too... :-( If I ever post anything about selling sunglasses ive been hacked! 😄

Just looking this up as I've had the email this afternoon - been grilling my youngest son but looks like he's off the hook!

Just had this on mine (well, August 30th at 4:14am). IP lookup tells me it came from the Ukraine, Kharkiv to be exact (which makes login time 7:14am local)... Never had a dodgy login from a warzone before! Maybe they were attracted by the username, but it's Hungarian...

I've just had the same email and looking up the IP address says it is the Russian Federation trying to use it. Again thankfully blocked but it is a worry :-(

Back