• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Just what we need another trip to the vets with Alice!

HoneyBear

Mama Doe
She has a very sore pussy eye this morning :(
It's something that happens quite a lot with her big boggly eyes she scratches it sometimes but never seen it so sore or with puss before.
Please wish us luck she is old and weak now so even a minor trip to the vets is worrying.

Absolute NIGHTMARE!!
Sat in the waiting room for nearly an hour as an emergency came in. It was scorching hot and Alice was getting stressed so I made the decision to come home and have re booked the first appointment tomorrow :(
I have bathed her eye and she seems much better, she has metacam which I hope will help any pain and ill be watching her like a hawk and taking her to the emergency vets if it looks any worse.
She's so frail now I couldn't let her suffer in a crowded waiting room any longer I hope I have made the right decision for her....

Im sure I would have done the same.Sounds sensible to me.Really hope she responds to treatment and feels better soon.x

Absolute NIGHTMARE!!
Sat in the waiting room for nearly an hour as an emergency came in. It was scorching hot and Alice was getting stressed so I made the decision to come home and have re booked the first appointment tomorrow :(
I have bathed her eye and she seems much better, she has metacam which I hope will help any pain and ill be watching her like a hawk and taking her to the emergency vets if it looks any worse.
She's so frail now I couldn't let her suffer in a crowded waiting room any longer I hope I have made the right decision for her....

I'm sure you made the right decision. Poor lamb xx I would have done the same!

Vibes that it heals up and she feels better soon x

Oh poor Alice, I hope her eye gets better soon :( I agree that you made the right decision to come home and re-book the appointment as she must have been really stressed and uncomfortable.

Poor Alice hope she is OK :) and it's just irritated nothing serious :(

I was thinking about you yesterday :oops: as I have a white Nethie and wondering how they were getting on outside, if they had braved the floor yet :)

Poor Alice hope she is OK :) and it's just irritated nothing serious :(

I was thinking about you yesterday :oops: as I have a white Nethie and wondering how they were getting on outside, if they had braved the floor yet :)

Talullah seems quite happy to go out side now but the other 2 spend most of their time sat indoors on the doormat :evil:
None of them have worked the cat flap out though I have to wedge it open for them, my rabbits are obviously not to bright haha!

I would have done the same: poor Alice.
You could try bathing it with cold tea.

ETA
I had a Maine Coon cat who never ever got the hang of the catflap - it was always held open with a peg! :roll:

Back