• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Getting a friend for my outdoor living Cocoa ??????

Hi

I've just got a rabbit (girl a year old, un-neutered) and wanted to get her a friend... I have seen a 2 year old male who has been neutered (rescue rabbit btw) and wondered if anyone could share any experience of a similar bonding?

I feel bad she is alone :( and will get her "done" in the near future but don't want her lonely..

I do work full time so cant constantly watch out for issues...

Any tips greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Getting a friend for Cocoa is a lovely idea.

I would start by getting her spayed. They need about 6 weeks to recover before any bonding takes place. Then when she is all healed I would approach a rescue to ask about any boy buns they may have that would be suitable. A good rescue can often do the bonding for you, sometimes trying more than one partner till they find the perfect match. Please dont think of bonding her until you have had her spayed.

thank you for your reply ... i am worried about spaying because she is an outdoor rabbit and i cant really accommodate her indoors... i did think she was spayed :( any tips for me please

Back