• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Behaviour change without lifestyle change.......

camerajuan

Warren Scout
Phoebs has always been a massive softy, loves jumping up onto the sofa for a cuddle in the mornings & the evenings after dinner before his late night binky session. He doesn't mind being picked up as long as we do it the right way & he snuggles into my neck when I do.

Monday & Tuesday however, he was really grunty & bitey, didn't want to be held or stroked for any amount of time, and was also a lot more concerned with chewing wires & scattering his litter everywhere than he was with his usual exploring.

Thinking he's getting a bit horny as he circles us when we stand still near him, though that could just mean he wants attention.

He was fine this morning but just really odd for a couple of days when there has been no change in his lifestyle or diet. Anyone have any thoughts?

how old is he and is he neutered? the first step would be to take him to a vet for a checkup as a sudden change in behaviour can be related to pain or another medical condition :wave:

^ I would agree with the above; especially if he isn't neutered (I'm assuming not if you think he might be getting restless) then it is a possibility that's a cause with the litter spray and chewing etc. Either way, a little check up wouldn't go amiss. Is he still still eating/drinking fine?

Thanks both.

He is almost a year old and was neutered last year.

He's eating and drinking absolutely fine as normal - though still isn't a fan of the bottle.

I do have to book him in for a nail clipping this week as they're getting long - could that be a pain source? He's literally never been like this before.

Back