• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you do with your bunny poo

We bag up our rabbit waste (poops, sawdust, hay and the odd wet newspaper), into plastic rabbit pellet sacks. Then on our regular fortnightly trip to the local tip we just empty the sacks over the wall where all the garden waste, tree pruning and grass cuttings go. All the green waste is then composted by our local council and sold at local garden centres as potting compost. I think they charge about £2.50 a sack for it. So anyone who buys it has a good compost for their plants. They probably don't realise that all their fabulous veg and flowers are probably thanks to my bunnies!!

I don't think we're allowed to do that here. I remember emailing them once, as they make and sell compost, but I didn't get very far, which is why I compost as much as I can myself.

A local veg. grower takes all six of my bags of rabbit waste each week. Newspaper, straw, hay. He also delivers straw for me which is brilliant.

We put ours straight onto our flower beds! Our three don't poo in their hutches so doesn't get mixed in with bedding etc so we shovel it from the lawn onto the soil.

Back