• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Binky Free Skye

Freakinfreak

Alpha Buck
You were with us only for a while but touched our hearts instantly.

You were gorgeous and mischievous from the moment you got here. Neo liked you too!

I'll never forget the licks you gave me tonight at the vets before you were rushed into surgery.

We miss you already xxx

Last edited:
Thank you for your kind words.

I keep tearing up and feel completely devastated :(

She was spayed and unfortunately had developed a hernia, they had removed everything they needed too, lots and lots of abscesses and as they were sewing her back up, her heart rate dropped and she passed away...

I will never trust a certain chain vets inside a certain huge chain pet shop ever, ever again. I thought that as they are still trained vets, they'd operate properly and do a good job. I feel so angry with myself, I wish I had taken her to our usual vets. I'm sorry I let you down Skye :cry:

Thank you for your kind words.

I keep tearing up and feel completely devastated :(

She was spayed and unfortunately had developed a hernia, they had removed everything they needed too, lots and lots of abscesses and as they were sewing her back up, her heart rate dropped and she passed away...

I will never trust a certain chain vets inside a certain huge chain pet shop ever, ever again. I thought that as they are still trained vets, they'd operate properly and do a good job. I feel so angry with myself, I wish I had taken her to our usual vets. I'm sorry I let you down Skye :cry:

You did not let down Skye, the vets let you both down. You did your best with the knowledge you had at the time.
Was she there for a spay which revealed the hernia and abscesses, or did a prior spay cause the hernia and abcesses?

You did not let down Skye, the vets let you both down. You did your best with the knowledge you had at the time.
Was she there for a spay which revealed the hernia and abscesses, or did a prior spay cause the hernia and abcesses?

Please disregard my question. I just found and read your pior posts about Skye. I am so sorry for your loss.

She was spayed at CC at PAH and after having her check up by my regular vets, she had developed a hernia. From there she was rushed to surgery as her gut could have exited the gap in her muscle to cause a twisted gut and cause even more complications.

They said that the ways the abscesses had formed, and from the damage done it appears that the spay was somewhat of a botch.

I think I am most angry as I had a small gut feeling regarding her op but believed that all vets are trained to the same standard (idiotically) and that she would be ok.

I am so gutted to have lost her and we are devastated :(

Back