• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help needed asap after an attack

kerrylouise

Warren Scout
Hi everyone I'm asking this on behalf of my friend as i just didn't know what to say, she brought a 9 week old female home yesterday had her in a separate cage to her neutered buck, anyway her partner and her both though they had shut the cages properly turns out they didn't and the sight they got to this morning was horrific the male had obviously got the female and the blood was unreal, took the little lady to the vets and thankfully shes okay, my friends wondering that a few week down the line do you think they would be able to be bonded, I'm unsure because this experience has left luna absolutly petrified and she hasn't stopped shaking, anyone had an experience like this and successfully bonded the buns or is it likely to be best to keep them apart

Oh goodness, poor bunnies (and a nasty shock for the owners). In my experience, baby bunnies have always been readily accepted by adults - even the un-neutered ones. However, I suspect the male was just protecting his territory in this instance. I'd separate them so that their cages are well away from each other, give them a couple of weeks for their wounds to heal and then attempt to bond in a completely neutral location - possibly even sending them away for bonding (I know of a couple of places).

Oh gosh, how awful, poor little thing. I have no idea if this means they will be able to be bonded in the future but I'm sure someone with experience of such issues will comment soon xx

I'm not put off by blood but I passed out from the sight of it and the vet even asked what colour she was :( the buck is the friendliest rabbit ever but he lost his friend before Xmas and has been on his own for a while, she put both hutches in a natural space, I can only think he was asserting his dominance and where she's so young it's had an awful effect on her, she wasn't shaking half as much before we took her to the vets and she had a few injections :( please can you pass the information of the bonding place onto me please would be such a shame to have luna on her own but this has really effected my friend who is blaming her self xx

Thank you :) little lady is okay she was attacking everyone earlier which is understandable but shes coming for cuddles now

Back