• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Baby scales and Dwarf Lops!

Sarah1991

Warren Veteran
Can anyone who has a set of baby scales to weigh their bunnies recommend a good set that I could invest in?

Also if anyone had weighed their dwarf lops would you might putting their last weight on here for me? I have a feeling that Finn may be a little on the heavy side. The vet described him as ''chunky'' but then when she weighed him she said he was actually fine :?

I think its about time I started taking real notice of their weights. Milo has always been more slender than Finn but Finn is hugely greedy. I don't know if he is so greedy he is trying harder to get the scattered pellet thus he is getting a little more and has perhaps put a little chunk on.

Obviously the only way to be sure is to weigh him.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :wave:

I see loads of people on here have baby scales for weighing their bunnies, I just use my existing digital bathroom scales, bring them downstairs, plonk bunny on, if they're over excitable and jump off too fast put them back on and get them to stand on their hind legs for a treat that way they stay still long enough for a reading! I'd try your own adult bathroom scales first if you have them! Then consider buying an expensive baby one

I have one like that and it's great. I couldn't get my bathroom scales to register my bunnies, they must be more suited to my great weight! I think Fred is a dwarf lop, he weighed 2kg at his healthiest point, he's now 1.65, very bony :( and finding it hard to put weight on. I weigh him once a month.

Back