• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

moulting

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
I know mabel moults a lot but omg this last month :shock: she is now turning more black so its her winter coat, she look a mess though, patches where she has itched loose fur with new growth coming through, ive been trying to keep brushing her abit but feel guilty ill have no rabbit left the amount of hair coming out

That's interesting as Stevie is moulting badly. He's an indoor bun and I was getting a bit concerned. I was just about to post a thread about it.

That's interesting as Stevie is moulting badly. He's an indoor bun and I was getting a bit concerned. I was just about to post a thread about it.

yes I was worried to as I had noticed herself removing hair from dewlap area that's she doesn't have but it was because she has hair growing underneath must be itching her, I have given her another groom she looks all nice again now, need keep doing round her face so it doesn't get in her eyes, I said to her mabel all this hard work for winter coat by time you have gone black it be time to go brown again

Tilly doesn't seemed to have stopped moulting all year :( At the moment I can pluck darts off her and Munchie every day.

All three of mine this year have been so tatty. Only Mimzy is somewhat back to normal but he still looks terribly patchy...no true solid color like he used to be. If any of it were a bit more brilliant he'd look like a harlequin! :shock:
He also still hasn't grown back his neck fur from August surgery. It's the side of his neck that he tilts towards so maybe that's why. :(

All three of mine this year have been so tatty. Only Mimzy is somewhat back to normal but he still looks terribly patchy...no true solid color like he used to be. If any of it were a bit more brilliant he'd look like a harlequin! :shock:
He also still hasn't grown back his neck fur from August surgery. It's the side of his neck that he tilts towards so maybe that's why. :(

it may just regrow all at once, mabel when she was spayed she had her bald patch on belly for over 6months

poor girl got nice bald bottom above her tail, abit of fur growing, luckily her hair on back covers it so you cannot see it unless you move her hair

Mine aren't moulting at all :shock:

I think they realise they need all the fur they can get at the moment in my cold house:lol:

how I s every buns moult going Mabel continues losing more each day :shock: I took a pic of her poor pink bald bottom, its a good job the hair higher up cover it, I was getting worried as its making her feel boney near neck but she isn't, she has actually put weight on over being treated over Christmas :oops: as with last year, I am about to groom her again now, tonight im going to use the rubber brush x

ok I purposely missed grooming her yesterday and did a big groom tonight, she is now starting to look more normal and her black winter coat, I trimmed her belly area and dewlap over again with scissors, looks like a sheep, but she is happy again, watch this, next week she will decide its time for spring :lol:

ok I purposely missed grooming her yesterday and did a big groom tonight, she is now starting to look more normal and her black winter coat, I trimmed her belly area and dewlap over again with scissors, looks like a sheep, but she is happy again, watch this, next week she will decide its time for spring :lol:

I hope you are right Mabel :lol:

Back