• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding

we have recently been trying to bond my male and female rabbit.

They dont fight, which is good. The other day, the female mounted the male and he became submissive. They seem to really like each other, but my question is.. how much mounting shall i allow? She mounts him once, gets off, then tried to mount him again. When has the bond been created? When they have stopped mounting, is there a way to tell if they are going to be bonded? i heard somewhere that the male has to groom her? is this correct.

Previous bonding:
If anyone has any bonding experience, please can you let me know how you bonded your rabbits?:)

My Suzy humps Maurice at food time, it's nothing to worry about. It's just something some rabbits do, but not continuously of course. You may never see them grooming one another. The main point is they aren't fighting so hopefully they will settle down with one another.

Back