Thread: A rabbit required with Bortedella

Hybrid View

Default A rabbit required with Bortedella

Posted on behalf of ...

Quote Originally Posted by fayzozo

I currently have my own rescue bun (4 year old spayed female called ZoZo ) but sadly she suffers with Bortedella. I've always wanted a friend for her but don't want to be in the moral dilemma of taking on a healthy bun and making them sick, but at the same time I don't want my little one to be lonely.

I want to post a thread to see if there is anyone out there who knows of a bun in need of a home who suffers with the same disease as mine.

Thanks!

Fay
    Click here to see the bunnies available for homes at Underhill Rabbit Rescue

REW bunnies are home and they're all gorgeous

Poppy, Sparkle, Alana
    Please sponsor my Everest trip for Underhill Rabbit Rescue which will be done in April 2014
    Underhill Rabbit Rescue fundraising for Everest page (click here)

I have never heard of this illness.. I hope you find a companion for your wee bunny xx
    Floppy, Smudge, Bramble, Willow, Chewy, Obi
    ❤️💙💜💚❤️💛💔

I was under the impression that rabbits were asymtomatic carriers of this as its one of the quoted reasons not to keep them with GPs, who are very susceptible.
    Bunnies: Bea, Bugsy and Chestnut. Guinea pigs: Cookie, Mickey and Storm. Ratties: Betty, Wilma, Matilda, Cherry, Olive, Arabella, Zephyrs Keme, Pebbles, Iris and Rose.

www.willowbirch.co.uk for holistic treatments, intuitive readings, etc
    www.willowbirchpets.co.uk for pet services

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by FondueKid View Post
    I was under the impression that rabbits were asymtomatic carriers of this as its one of the quoted reasons not to keep them with GPs, who are very susceptible.
    Yep

http://wildpro.twycrosszoo.org/S/00d...a_Inf_HHog.htm
    I AM NOW POSTING AS 'InspectorMorse' BECAUSE A TECHNICAL PROBLEM HAS LOCKED ME OUT OF MY 'Jack's-Jane' ACCOUNT ON SOME DEVICES !!

Wise Old Thumper

Does the OP mean Pasteurella?
    Jill

snuffles can be pasturella, bordatella or a mix of bacteria's.

there are rescues who will rehome a rabbit to live with a snuffle bunny, as they won't necessarily get the same illness. even my two, who were brothers, had different strains of snuffles. and matt stayed worse than bisc, but after treatment bisc stayed stable. he didn't get worse living with matt.

i do understand the worry about infecting a healthy bun though, but as long as they were healthy then it shouldn't be a problem. i asked about it because both bisc and matt had/have snuffles, so i wanted to know what to do when one passed. a few rescues said they would rehome to me. the only thing i would need to be aware of was that my own snuffle bun may get a bit worse during the stress of bonding initially.
    Guinea pig slave to - Lily and Piglet

Rabbits loved and missed - Bisc, Matt, Smudge and Patch
    Guinea pigs loved and missed - Popcorn, Mollie, Benjie, Eddie, Maisie and Chesney