• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Puppy Pen For Mini Lop

We had a normal run and hutch setup and after moving it we didn't put the hutch and run quite as close together as we should have: the Nethie resident got out through an inch-wide gap! As people have said/implied, adult mini-lops will vary in size so it's hard to be sure!

I briefly had my Netherland cross in this pen http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/runs_fencing/73280/8_sided/95235.

She jumped to try to get out and caught her neck inbetween the bars at the top and hung there. Luckily I was right beside her at the time, I rapidly unhooked her but her head was bent over to one side at a horrible angle. Rushed her to the vet and by the time we got there her head was upright again. I thought she'd broken her neck but it was just a sprain and she quickly recovered. But if you have a pen like that, do keep a roof on it.

Later I put my mini lop in this one which is really study and expandable. http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00HYYPD9S/ref=sr_ph?ie=UTF8&qid=1414142902&sr=1&keywords=puppy+pen He couldn't get his head through the bars but I would sometimes poke a foot back in when he was sleeping.

Here he is.
20141109_155437.jpg
20141109_155446.jpg

He's call Biscuit.

Still not got his full indoor run sorted yet though. Waiting for a friend to price it up!
But he has got an indoor 120 cage for the moment and exercise space in the hall but just easing him in gently.
He's a bit of a cuddle monster though once picked up. :)

Thanks all for the suggestions, Biscuit moved into his new pad this evening.
7 panels, of a dog crate, half height perspex all the way round and a lino floor. He loves it, glad he has now got a lot more space for when we are at work.
20141123_192002.jpg
20141123_192033.jpg

Just need to get a smaller plastic cage bottom for his food, sleeping and pooping base.

Last edited:
Back