• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Frances Harcourt-Brown 2017 Owners Days U/D P821 - next event 16 September 2017

I've just joined RU yesterday but been a regular visitor over the years. Can't believe how lucky I was to stumble (via link on a Rabbit rescue site) upon the Frances bunny lectures & book on, especially now I see it's sold out so quickly. I've learnt so much from her during 20 minute consultations so am very excited about the potential of a full afternoon. I'll be going by public transport, bus to Skipton, train to leeds- Harrogate & then a final bus. 3 days to go:)

On another subject altogether can someone tell me how to add photos of my fur babies (I'm technically challenged). Managed the avatar .... Thanks

I've just joined RU yesterday but been a regular visitor over the years. Can't believe how lucky I was to stumble (via link on a Rabbit rescue site) upon the Frances bunny lectures & book on, especially now I see it's sold out so quickly. I've learnt so much from her during 20 minute consultations so am very excited about the potential of a full afternoon. I'll be going by public transport, bus to Skipton, train to leeds- Harrogate & then a final bus. 3 days to go:)

On another subject altogether can someone tell me how to add photos of my fur babies (I'm technically challenged). Managed the avatar .... Thanks

Fab! Looking forward to seeing you. I'll be the crazy one selling hay out of the boot of a car with parsnipbun ;)

I don't think i'll take any hay as I have to get buses and trains back home might be too much to carry along with 4 bundles of sticks :shock:

Welcome to RU, so pleased you found out about the conference before it was fully booked! Just out of interest, which rescue site did you see it on? I've kept Googling to try and see where it's being promoted but missed that one.

It's going to be such a fab day... so many people from all over the country :D

Hi Bunny Buddy, its on Camp Nibble's website under the bit about Frances being their patron - just a link to her website ... a few inquisitive clicks later & I was the proud owner of a golden ticket.

I'm really curious about the lectures for vets - I'd feel much more confident seeing a vet for emergencies ie a "local vet" (shudder) if they'd attended;)

Hi Bunny Buddy, its on Camp Nibble's website under the bit about Frances being their patron - just a link to her website ... a few inquisitive clicks later & I was the proud owner of a golden ticket.

:thumb: I supposedly looked on Camp Nibble website to see it but missed it. ... and it was all the time :oops:

I'm really curious about the lectures for vets - I'd feel much more confident seeing a vet for emergencies ie a "local vet" (shudder) if they'd attended;)

Yeah, me too. The training on that programme should be compulsory for all companion animal vets. I'm so much happier about emergencies when I can take them to Crab Lane and I know the standard of care they will be getting.

Last edited:
Me too. Was just feeling ok about Frances going, probably because we lost our Noodle ( who had very complex health issues throughout her 7 years ) before she retired but now Ruth will be taking a break . Its obviously still a brilliant vets but it'd be a nightmare for me to get to on public transport if my oH was out at work. I did the journey many times on buses, trains & taxis for planned bunny apps but not with 2 the size of joey & boo. I thing my arms would fall off . They were at Crab Lane for their vaccinations & health checks last week. was a bit of a shock to be the only one with rabbits in a packed open surgery. So glad my two are healthy

How long a break is Ruth taking? We rely on them for Scarlet's dental work and Frances advised us to see Ruth in future.

Receptionist told me she was off on maternity soon. Frances told us the same but also recommended Alison if Ruth unavailable. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

Looking at my escape after it looks like the bus is due at 18:59 from the village into Harrogate, thats not too bad then as the event is due to finish around 18:20

Arrival I'm looking at around 12:45 ish

Documents....printed!
Travel details....printed!

Not long to go now, I'm planning on getting there earlier than stated just in case any trains are delayed

I'm going with Redfraggle, looking forward to meeting you all there as much as the learning part! :D

Are we supposed to print all those documents? My printer would have a fit! And I have no black ink, I'd have to try to make it all blue...

I have pre-orders from Tracy (x5 kilos); Dave 81 (x4kilos) and BunnyBuddy (x2kilos) for willow stick bundles - thats 11 bundles/kilos -

I have just cut loads and loads - but it only comes to 17 kilos - so 17 bundles and partner refuses to go up tree again!!

Does anyone want to book the last 6 bundles available? or is it a scrummage on the day? 90 people 6 bundles!!!!!!

I have pre-orders from Tracy (x5 kilos); Dave 81 (x4kilos) and BunnyBuddy (x2kilos) for willow stick bundles - thats 11 bundles/kilos -

I have just cut loads and loads - but it only comes to 17 kilos - so 17 bundles and partner refuses to go up tree again!!

Does anyone want to book the last 6 bundles available? or is it a scrummage on the day? 90 people 6 bundles!!!!!!

There's a pre-order from me on your willow sale thread for 4 bundles - is that counted as part of the last 6 bundles at all?

oh gosh no - apologies thought I had checked everywhere - so thats now down to 2 bundles available!!! Just as well you checked the thread!

I'm going with Redfraggle, looking forward to meeting you all there as much as the learning part! :D

Are we supposed to print all those documents? My printer would have a fit! And I have no black ink, I'd have to try to make it all blue...

No I don't think you need to print them as it's for reference only as the slides will be displayed

Back