• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ideas for creating a free range area

hedgepig

Young Bun
My garden is quite large and I don't think we could make it escape proof so I'd like to create a free range area for the bunnies for when I'm in the garden with them. What kind of fencing would be best to use, should we put wire under the edges etc. If any one has some pictures to share of similar set up they have, I'd really appreciate it, thanks.

Maybe go for posts in the ground, and then wrap mesh around, if you bent 6" flat and pinned it to the ground that would stop them sneaking under but you wouldn't have to dig it in.

How high can your bunnies jump?

It might be worth starting with 4' tall mesh, then you could lay 6" flat on the ground and still have a 3.5' tall run. Make sure you don't have anything near the edges they can use as a spring board :)

I don't know how high they can jump, they've only been with us 2 weeks. Good idea about the turning under part.

Mine can easily clear 2' and he's about average size, I think. Obviously more if he starts on a box or any other climbing object!

Back