• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny poop 💩

BabyBunnyBoo

Young Bun
can anybody help? I saw my bunny eating his poop today it was soft not like his normal pellets he leaves behind he only eats the soft ones tho and only after he has his night time play and the same goes for his brother but he don't eat his and I don't know why he would do this as he always has his nuggets and hay to graze on so and suggestions would help thanks. and is it normal for them to hold there poops until they get back to there toilet? :D

Yes the squidgy one they eat again to get all the nutrients out :roll:

Quite normal and also gross :lol:

As long as his other poops are nice and round and not gooey he's fine

Hello, the soft poops are cecals. It's totally normal for them to eat them. There's lots of info about online about it, as well as on here I am sure. It's worth googling and learning about bunny poops, they are very important to monitoring your buns health. If your other bun is not eating his cecals, then his diet may be too rich. Try reducing his pellets. Hope that helps. :)

Thanks for all your help:thumb:. I have has rabbits all my life but this is the first time I have ever seen this behaviour it worried me a little but at least its normal x

Back