• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

people with shed and run set ups

nixie1990

New Kit
Just curious, how on earth do you cut a hole in the side of the shed to attach the run? And how do you secure the run to the side?

You can get metal L - shape brackets that are good for fixing the two together :)

We have a runaround kit that connects the shed to the run via a tube. (www.runaround.co.uk)

We took out a couple of the shed slats because when we cut them with the jigsaw they went wobbly and insecure. We got a scrap of wood from homebase's odds and ends section and nailed it down firmly in it's place. To attach the shed to the tube we cut a round hole in this wood to attach the tube.

If you order a runaround kit it comes with instructions on how to attach the tube to each end.

Cutting the side of the run was much easier because you just cut the wire with wire cutters.

I don't have any pictures but can get some if it's useful.

We used a drill to make a few holes joined together then did the resr with a jigsaw.

I've recently posted about this and have just completed it over the weekend on my hutch. See my post

Daniel from Boyle's Pet Housing and The Hutchman recommended using a jigsaw to cut out the wood.

The idea is you drill at least one hole to be able to put the jigsaw blade through to start off the cutting out. But if you are wanting to cut out a circular hole, then I would recommend several holes drilled at equal distance as it can be quite difficult to curve the jigsaw round depending on the thickness of the wood. I went off a bit but it was okay as it was hidden behind my runaround connection.

My cousin put a cat flap into the side of my shed - I think he just did it with a regular saw :lol:

The run is then put right next to the shed :thumb:

I just put a catflap in. They can be quite tricky, but my Grandad knows how to do everything. :D

The run definitely isn't going anywhere, so it didn't need to be fastened to the shed.

Back