• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Julie needs drug counseling?

bunnytoes

Warren Veteran
:shock: :lol:

Me? I no drug addict.

I thought some of you might need a laugh today.
Julie was out of refills for Tramadol.I called the vet for critical care Monday and asked for another prescription. They had to order the critical care so I said that I would pick up the prescription Wednesday when I came in for the critical care. Well someone called and talked to OH while I was out. The girl said something about having to fax the prescription. He had no idea what she was talking about so had her fax it to us. I had no idea why they didn't just wait for me to pick it up but I brought it in to the pharmacy who says why did the vet fax it to you?
I don't know but is that a problem?
He says yes there are new strict laws that came out this month about controlled narcotics and Tramadol is now considered a controlled narcotics. He says the doctor has to fax it into the pharmacy. It can't be called in or brought in. The vet also put 6 refills which he said is a problem too.

Here is the funny part. The pharmacist says before handing the bottle over to me that he is suppose to counsel the rabbit first. I am like what? He says that is what it says and he has to check it off. I said okay then you have to come to the house as she doesn't travel well. He rolled his eyes and smiled then typed in the computer something and handed it to me.
ha ha
The hand out that came with the med even said that they had to ask her certain questions first before she could have the Tramadol.

Thought you might like to see new pics of her.

Video. click on pic

Erm......what questions did you ask Julie? Did you explain to her any risks involved, side effects........?

More to the point though....what were her answers? Did she rabbit on for long? Was it a 24 carot conversation? Spill the beans.....well fenugreek crunchies!!!!

Dear Julie.........always as :love::love::love: as ever.

I think I had the same thing happen on a smaller scale for Mimzy some time back when picking up antibiotics for him, and his meclizine also I believe. Here they are rigid with that "counseling" stuff and so to avoid a lawsuit they just blanket everything with it. True the CMP is dangerous to be handled but motion sickness pills should be a no brainer. :?
I mostly get the sideways looks when I tell them it's for my rabbit. Either the pharmacist is incredulous or they give me the eye that says..."yeah...right..." I just want to punch someone when they do the latter because I know I'm going to get the "all this for a rabbit?" folderol. :censored:

Darling Julie...you are hardcore aren't you, my lovely? :thumb: xxxxxxx

I think I had the same thing happen on a smaller scale for Mimzy some time back when picking up antibiotics for him, and his meclizine also I believe. Here they are rigid with that "counseling" stuff and so to avoid a lawsuit they just blanket everything with it. True the CMP is dangerous to be handled but motion sickness pills should be a no brainer. :?
I mostly get the sideways looks when I tell them it's for my rabbit. Either the pharmacist is incredulous or they give me the eye that says..."yeah...right..." I just want to punch someone when they do the latter because I know I'm going to get the "all this for a rabbit?" folderol. :censored:

Darling Julie...you are hardcore aren't you, my lovely? :thumb: xxxxxxx
Most of the people in the pharmacy know that Julie is a rabbit.
They had Julie in the computer as Julie my last name but they discovered that there was a human with that name so they put her in as Julie Bunny my last name and some were still confused so now they changed her to Julie Rabbit. One new girl once thought that I was Julie Rabbit and was calling me MS Rabbit. The pharmacist yelled out that Julie is a real rabbit.

Last edited:
I would like to see the answers :lol:

Thanks for pics of Beautiful Julie, Hello precious girl :love::love:

Actually Julie would ask the pharmacist to please skip the Tramadol and just fill the bottle with straight banana flavoring. She hates the Tramadol.We have gone through all the flavorings.She thinks banana is less evil. Julie loves Metacam though and would drink a gallon of that.:lol:

:lol::lol::lol: I'd love to see them trying to counsel a rabbit. The bun would just be there like "gimme the tasty stuffs or yous gonna gets hurts"

They had Julie in the computer as Julie my last name but they discovered that there was a human with that name so they put her in as Julie Bunny my last name and some were still confused so now they changed her to Julie Rabbit. One new girl once thought that I was Julie Rabbit and was calling me MS Rabbit. The pharmacist yelled out that Julie is a real rabbit.

:lol::lol: that is funny :D

love seeing Julie!! :love:

Actually Julie would ask the pharmacist to please skip the Tramadol and just fill the bottle with straight banana flavoring. She hates the Tramadol.We have gone through all the flavorings.She thinks banana is less evil. Julie loves Metacam though and would drink a gallon of that.:lol:

Bless her, I bet she would just ask for the banana flavour :) she's such a beautiful bunny :love:

Love this :lol:

Julie is a fabulous little bun :D

I love the video of her playing with the ball :love::love::love:

Back