• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi from me and Sylvie =)

Hi everyone =)

Long time bunny admirer, first time bunny owner. In fact, I adopted my first today, a beautiful mixed breed called Sylvia, a rescue bunny, who I've sort of already started calling Sylvie. =p

She's an indoor bun, got a standard run for her here, with extensions on the way.

I'll be pestering some of the more experienced here with questions; sorry about that. =p

I'm quite prone to worrying and panics, so the fact that Sylvie's sort of hiding is worrying me, but I know that's normal - she's only been here for 3-4 hours! I just can't wait for her to come out of her shell and bond with me.

She's been a bit aggressive with other male buns she's been put with, but I'm still hoping one day I'll find her a companion bunny.

Anyway, looking forward to chatting to people who love rabbits as much as me! =)

-Breandan

Hi and welcome! Has she been neutered?

Sometimes non-neutered buns can be a bit feisty..even neutered girls will try to hump a male rabbit who often take offence and fight back! But often they just need a bit of time and patience, and the right boy bun. My bridge bun Violet who I lose a couple of weeks ago was initially only going to be rehomed by the RSPCA as a single bun due to her "communication difficulties". She had been kept in a cage indoors for 5 years and was cage & food aggressive. I took Bugsy to see her every day for about 5 days before bringing her home and she had a very happy 8 months of bunny companionship that she'd never experienced before.

Hi there. =)

I'm sorry about your recent loss, never kept buns before but I've lost a lot of very precious pets...

Sylvie is neutered, and she'll be 2 in a couple of months. She fell out with her litter as far as I know which wouldn't have helped, and she's been tried with several neutered male buns.
I have heard someone say that some bunnies will happily live with a partner that's permanently in a separate cage, but they can still see and smell each other. Sounding a little odd to me, but I'll do whatever's needed to make a bunny a happy bunny =)

In the mean time, she'll be getting a lot of attention, hand feeding and fussing from me =)

Back