• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do rabbits make little noises?

Sarah1991

Warren Veteran
Tonight I had Milo and Finn in the front room with me, they had their usual jump around and ate some pellet and drank water, both are totally fine. Then after a bit of activity they both retired to the nesting ball for a lie down. Finn crawled in next to Milo, settled down and then started making little noises. I cant even describe it it was like 'Mn...Mn.....Mn....Mn'

Nothing seems to be bothering him. Just wondering if anyone knows what this may be? Its the first time I've ever heard it. :?

yes they can be very vocal. They grunt when they or cross or excited, my Albert wimpers like a baby when he is unhappy

yes they can be very vocal. They grunt when they or cross or excited, my Albert wimpers like a baby when he is unhappy

I wonder what Finn meant! He was sat in the nesting ball with Milo so I guess he could either have been telling him to move over he could have just been content? I have no idea. :?

Maizie makes this noise sometimes when she wants attention

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

they do make noises for different reasons. my boy Buddy is quite vocal. he kind of chunters to himself when he is happy, if the girls are grooming or snuggling with him or he is eating something he loves. it's very sweet! :love:

Lula does it when she is getting nose rubs, never heard Blousy make happy noises but she is very anti social!

Fudge grunts if I'm too slow with her food or if OH is plaguing her.
Truffle buzzes - so quietly you can hardly hear it but I'm tuned in to it now - usually when she's about to start chasing Fudge (hormonal).

If it was repeated and went on for a little while could it have been hiccups? Fudge does that too.

Fudge grunts if I'm too slow with her food or if OH is plaguing her.
Truffle buzzes - so quietly you can hardly hear it but I'm tuned in to it now - usually when she's about to start chasing Fudge (hormonal).

If it was repeated and went on for a little while could it have been hiccups? Fudge does that too.

It only went on for a few seconds, my OH was saying 'hes just chewing on the nesting ball' but he wasn't I could see. His body was doing little jumps as he was doing it. It only lasted maybe 8 seconds?

Harvey honks when he's over excited :lol: and he'll grunt if I'm going slow with preparing dinner :roll:

Lilly is very quiet though, she hiccups though and makes noise then! With hiccups her whole body moves with each hiccup :lol: it doesn't bother her in the slightest and she gets them regularly! It's rather cute!

yes, my Ruthy is quite a shy bunny and if she thinks I'm trying to catch her she makes little 'muh muh muh' noises and runs away and thumps at me!

It only went on for a few seconds, my OH was saying 'hes just chewing on the nesting ball' but he wasn't I could see. His body was doing little jumps as he was doing it. It only lasted maybe 8 seconds?

Sounds like he had the hiccups. :lol: I always giggle when mine get the hiccups. Fiver makes little "hic" noises.

Bunnies can also be really vocal. Fiver is the most vocal; he growls, grunts, honks, rumbles and chatters. I don't think I've ever heard Shadowfax make a noise but Xena sometimes grunts when she's really angry. :lol:

Sounds like he had the hiccups. :lol: I always giggle when mine get the hiccups. Fiver makes little "hic" noises.

Bunnies can also be really vocal. Fiver is the most vocal; he growls, grunts, honks, rumbles and chatters. I don't think I've ever heard Shadowfax make a noise but Xena sometimes grunts when she's really angry. :lol:

Can rabbits get hiccups then? I thought I heard Maddie hiccup for a few seconds the other day and I thought I was being silly!

My two don't make any noises at all. They very occasionally do that tooth pur thing when they've flopped out. Maddie just thumps at me if i take too long with her food.

Rupert snorts like a pig to move you, grunts, purrs when hes happy, squeaks when he's drinking and cries at the vet or when I have to force medicine.
Tias quite quiet

Tonight I had Milo and Finn in the front room with me, they had their usual jump around and ate some pellet and drank water, both are totally fine. Then after a bit of activity they both retired to the nesting ball for a lie down. Finn crawled in next to Milo, settled down and then started making little noises. I cant even describe it it was like 'Mn...Mn.....Mn....Mn'

Nothing seems to be bothering him. Just wondering if anyone knows what this may be? Its the first time I've ever heard it. :?

Maddie did the same thing the other day. It did sound like hiccups and just found out they can actually get hiccups :lol: It's the first time I've heard it in the 4 months I've had them.

Jasper is a noisy little thing. When he's cleaning himself he squeaks and makes little sounds, like a dog whining but on a more rabbity scale :lol:. He honks and grunts at me about everything, the prospect of food, the fact I've walked past him without giving him attention :roll:.

Can rabbits get hiccups then? I thought I heard Maddie hiccup for a few seconds the other day and I thought I was being silly!

My two don't make any noises at all. They very occasionally do that tooth pur thing when they've flopped out. Maddie just thumps at me if i take too long with her food.

:lol: Yes they can. I never knew little animals could get hiccups (although I don't know why I would think that!) but I used to keep rats and one of them used to get hiccups quite frequently. When I first saw Fiver hiccuping, I thought he was having some kind of fit, but when I watched and listened closely I realised what was happening and stopped having a panic. :lol:

My Xena snores. She snores so loudly sometimes that she wakes me up. :lol:

It's quite surprising how many sounds bunnies can make, but it really does depend on the bunny. :) I'd like to hear Shadowfax's voice one day because they all have different little noises. :love:

Back