• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Honking and circling

RafaelIsCoolButRude

Warren Scout
Hello all :wave:
My rabbit was neutered about 2 years ago now, but when I get up of a morning he goes a bit mad and runs around my room, hopping all over and around my feet while he honks quietly! I know that this is usually courtship behaviour, but like I said he was neutered a long time ago. Could this just be a sign of affection? It did take a long time to gain his trust but now me and my rabbit have a really lovely, strong bond :)

Hello all :wave:
My rabbit was neutered about 2 years ago now, but when I get up of a morning he goes a bit mad and runs around my room, hopping all over and around my feet while he honks quietly! I know that this is usually courtship behaviour, but like I said he was neutered a long time ago. Could this just be a sign of affection? It did take a long time to gain his trust but now me and my rabbit have a really lovely, strong bond :)

Ludo does this when he's excited. He only does it when he knows it's pellet time! :wave:

I think some bunnies never lose their grunting and honking. Ludo circles for food and grunts a lot, he just does it when he hops around normally.

I've cared for about 300 bunnies over the past 11 years, and some of those who have been neutered still have quite a strong desire to be................loving.:oops::oops: Every bunny is so different. I've also cared for bunnies that are entire and have virtually no sexual desire at all. They all have very differing levels of desire.:thumb:

No worries with your bunny.:thumb:

Back