• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies new shed finally up! -Image Heavy-

FuzzyBunyons

Young Bun
Jeez, I'm so excited. After many, many months. And one and a half weeks sitting in the rain under a gazebo, it's finally done.

Before:-
This was their awful set up. I hated it so much, I'm going to have fun ripping it to bits. Sorry about the mess. I'd just moved them and hadn't cleaned up yet. :-

zn4k.png

hnlc.png

m42c.png

We now have our patio back. :)

After:-
Now, for the new one!:-

ji23.png

9vfk.png

m5rh.png

tq72.png

---

The shed is fully insulated, with a stable door. We even managed to put a battery light in the roof of the shed. I also have an insulated run cover.... the only problem is, its so dark in there. I'm not sure what I can do about that without removing the actual run cover. :?

I took pictures of the whole process, if anyone's interested.

I'd be interested to see all the photos, but actually I can't see the ones you've posted which is odd as others obviously can.

Thanks guys. :)

Pfft, my boys are boring! The boys sniffed two things then hopped into the little hutch and began to munch away at the hay I stuffed in there.

@ Sam and Truffs - Ahh. I'll try and get it in video format if your interested. A slideshow is so much easier then posting a load of pictures on here. :)

It looks great:wave: I love the colour of the shed and what you have done with the little shed inside! very clever!!

That so lovely! :lol:

Lucky rabbits, what did they think of it all?? Looks like you considered everything! I love the use of the small hutch inside, that's brilliant :thumb::p:thumb:

That is amazing! I love the little shed/houses that I've seen people use. My question is how easy is it to get in them to clean them out? Does it not do your back in having to stoop for so long?

@ marchi1990 - We made the shelves ourselves. Plywood with laminate over the top.

@ Willowsmum - At the moment, I think they love it! They've figured out how to use the Runaround this morning. That little square on the grass is now bald. I should have bought a bigger square.

@Ailstar - Thanks. Getting in and out is a pain in the bum. I thought it would be easier if I had a stable door. But it still takes clumsy me a while to clamber inside. But I guess it wouldn't be my back that gives in, it would be my knees since I'll be scuttling around on them. I'll have to wait till tonight before I find out the cons of this wendy house. XD But as long as your on your knees you can technically 'stand' upright in the shed.

They're quite reluctant to go into their run however. Whether its just awkward to get too or if its just too dark in there, I don't know. :(

Oh see I didn't think about just kneeling down! Get one of those gardeners kneeling pad things from the garden centre, I have one and its a godsend :)

First time scrabbling around in that shed. Gotta say, its rather awkward and does throw your back out a bit. ( I was leaning over the door to clean the litter tray out). I'm going to buy one of those dog pens to ring the door. I was dead conscious that a bunny was going to fly past me when I was doing the litter tray. :lol:

Your setup looks great. :)

We carpeted our shed and I think the carpet stayed blue for about a week... our rabbits were supposed to be litter trained. :roll:

What a lovely set-up!
As for the run being dark, do you need it all covered if they have access to their playhouse?

Back