• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moving bunnies outside after bonding

Bumblebea

New Kit
Hi

Ive successfully bonded my rabbits, they are typically outdoor rabbits but have been inside since Wednesday. The plan is to move them to their outdoor enclosure (insulated shed but with run which is of course open to the elements) but I'm worried about the drop in temperature. Will they have built up their coat enough to cope or is there anything I can do to make the transition safe for them?

They've always been pretty brave outside and will sit out in their run almost all the time as the roof is covered but I fear they may have got used to the cosy warmth of our living room even though radiators have been switched off!

Thanks

Hi

Ive successfully bonded my rabbits, they are typically outdoor rabbits but have been inside since Wednesday. The plan is to move them to their outdoor enclosure (insulated shed but with run which is of course open to the elements) but I'm worried about the drop in temperature. Will they have built up their coat enough to cope or is there anything I can do to make the transition safe for them?

They've always been pretty brave outside and will sit out in their run almost all the time as the roof is covered but I fear they may have got used to the cosy warmth of our living room even though radiators have been switched off!

Thanks

If they have been indoors for a few weeks they will need to remain indoors until Spring of next year now, IMO x

If they have only been inside since Wednesday they will be fine. Well done with the bond and hope they will be very happy together.

If they have only been inside since Wednesday they will be fine. Well done with the bond and hope they will be very happy together.

This. I would put them outside in a morning when it’s warmest and I would restrict space to the shed only at first, as new territory can cause issues with a new bond. If it isn’t neutral territory you will need to clean it out and remove all trace of smells by using vinegar/water mixed 50/50.

The male Bumble was in there, I moved them out early this morning and they seem super happy up to now. It had all been cleaned etc and I spent time with them the first hour to make sure there were no fights etc, I keep checking on them to make sure all is well. They're cuddling up to each other and binkying round the run so hopeful that all will be well! X

The male Bumble was in there, I moved them out early this morning and they seem super happy up to now. It had all been cleaned etc and I spent time with them the first hour to make sure there were no fights etc, I keep checking on them to make sure all is well. They're cuddling up to each other and binkying round the run so hopeful that all will be well! X

It sounds great!

Back