• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Massive problem..

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
So Charlie is currently in the shed, the lawn mower is one of those sit on ones and lives in that shed.. It's been away for repair and we completely forgot about it. It should be back soon..

I'm convinced the smell of petrol is what made Leo have a stroke when he lived in the other shed where the tractor is, even though it wasn't used it stank in there, although I was the only one who could smell it :? It took him becoming very poorly for everyone to listen to me though.

I don't want her to be in there when its back as it gets used nearly every weekend. She can't go outside at my bf's as there are foxes, badgers and wild rabbits living in the garden/field and surrounding fields.

She could come back to mine and be outside but the hutch and run she is in at the moment wouldn't stand being transported as its incredibly flimsy when being moved. I have a 4x2x2 (ish) hutch and now Donny and Lola have a new run, a spare wooden 6x4 run.

Perhaps I could see if the run will fit on the front of that hutch.. She would also get a lot more interaction if she was at mine. I don't know.. I thought about buying another hutch ..maybe a 6ft on legs. I would be moaned at but tbh I really couldn't give a poo!

I just needed to write this down as I seem to be the only one worrying about it..

Outside at yours sounds good if you can get a hutch and run sorted :thumb: You can't have her in the shed, you'd just be constantly worrying!

Outside at yours sounds good if you can get a hutch and run sorted :thumb: You can't have her in the shed, you'd just be constantly worrying!

I'm being moaned at for wasting money but I've paid my car insurance and have nothing to pay for a while so I may as well get a 6ft hutch on decent legs that can be reused for guinea pigs at some point! :lol: I had to put having piggies on hold because of taking Charlie but that's not her fault.

It would mean lifting her into the run but that might help with getting her used to people again :)

I'm being moaned at for wasting money but I've paid my car insurance and have nothing to pay for a while so I may as well get a 6ft hutch on decent legs that can be reused for guinea pigs at some point! :lol: I had to put having piggies on hold because of taking Charlie but that's not her fault.

It would mean lifting her into the run but that might help with getting her used to people again :)

Yes, I get moaned at too because I keep acquiring cages / hutches / runs :oops:! They always come in though and you could even sell it on if you didn't need it in the future!

Yes, I get moaned at too because I keep acquiring cages / hutches / runs :oops:! They always come in though and you could even sell it on if you didn't need it in the future!

Exactly! I still have the 4ft double hutch because I don't want anyone to buy it :oops: it's actually a really nice hutch but not big enough so I'd rather keep hold of it :lol: Could do with selling the 48 inch dog crate though..!

Exactly! I still have the 4ft double hutch because I don't want anyone to buy it :oops: it's actually a really nice hutch but not big enough so I'd rather keep hold of it :lol: Could do with selling the 48 inch dog crate though..!

The hutch could be sold for piggies though, it's a fair size for two pigs! If you aren't too far I'd be interested in the crate once you sell it. Sorry I'm stealing your board for selling purposes :lol:

I agree that she'd be best at yours with a 6ft hutch, are you going to keep her now?

Last edited:
The hutch could be sold for piggies though, it's a fair size for two pigs! If you aren't too far I'd be interested in the crate once you sell it. Sorry I'm stealing your board for selling purposes :lol:

I agree that she'd be best at yours with a 6ft hutch, are you going to keep her now?

:lol: I still need to ask my dad if its had any interest at work.. :oops: he put a notice up ages ago but I always forget to ask him. I only remembered when I mentioned it then :lol: I'll have to remember to ask tomorrow :lol:

I'm going to see if happy hutch can do me 2ft legs on a single 6ft hutch, that would be a lot easier then! £125 odd is fine by me, my bf has been really encouraging though! Bit of a surprise :lol: Need to ask my mom but it won't be killing any grass and with it being against the shed it won't be in the way :p

Edit- I don't know where she can go so she'll be staying with us for now at least :lol: she's being vaccinated on Tuesday, then 2 weeks later we'll take her back for a checkup for spaying! :) no ones come forward :( I think she was taken to where she was found to be dumped tbh, loads of posters were put up all over the place.

Last edited:
I agree you can't leave her in the shed in case it's a problem with the fumes, and if you're anything like me you wouldn't stop worrying about it... Could you use your nice 4ft double hutch and build an extension for it to the downstairs to give you a 6ft downstairs and 4ft upstairs? And the extension might give you a way of linking into the spare run you have?

I agree you can't leave her in the shed in case it's a problem with the fumes, and if you're anything like me you wouldn't stop worrying about it... Could you use your nice 4ft double hutch and build an extension for it to the downstairs to give you a 6ft downstairs and 4ft upstairs? And the extension might give you a way of linking into the spare run you have?

Yeah, it annoyed me every day I helped clean Leo out, I would walk in and say "it stinks of petrol in here, we need to move him out" but my bf couldn't smell it! I think that might be why he said the hutch at mine is a good idea, don't want a repeat of Leo :(

I thought about doing that but it would have to go down the hole :shock: the hole being a big dug out area at the back of the garden where the barn used to be, it's just very muddy down there and I'd be worried about her getting too cold :oops: if I did that and had it in the garden it would take up too much room which would then annoy my mom :lol:

Yeah, it annoyed me every day I helped clean Leo out, I would walk in and say "it stinks of petrol in here, we need to move him out" but my bf couldn't smell it! I think that might be why he said the hutch at mine is a good idea, don't want a repeat of Leo :(

I thought about doing that but it would have to go down the hole :shock: the hole being a big dug out area at the back of the garden where the barn used to be, it's just very muddy down there and I'd be worried about her getting too cold :oops: if I did that and had it in the garden it would take up too much room which would then annoy my mom :lol:

Ooh, looks like she will have to have a nice new hutch then ;)

A new 6 foot hutch sounds good. Shame you cant have a shed. You can get them for around 130.00.

A new 6 foot hutch sounds good. Shame you cant have a shed. You can get them for around 130.00.

No room :lol: with Donny and Lola's 6x4 shed and 8x4 run, my dads 8x6 shed and his new 9x4 shed (why he has so much stuff I don't know!) I'm pushing it even adding a hutch into the mix :lol: that's why I can't have a hutch/run combo, my mom has already given up half the garden for my rabbits, a hutch and unattached run will be a compromise :lol:

Could you attach the hutch to the run with one of those green pipe thingies?

No :( I'd have to just put her in the run everyday as it folds up. Where the hutch will have to go is right by my moms washing line so she'd just get annoyed if she couldn't get to it because of the run. It also means I can put the run in places well away from the rabbits.

This 100%.........

I have loads of spare puppy pens and hamster cages.. :lol: any new purchase I make is followed by a groan by everyone!

Back