• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thinking of buying this run- what do you think?

i have that run for my mini lops and they can push their noses through,, i do agree that a predator could stick its mouth through as my huge labrador sticks his nose right through to say hello to the buns.

it has a large side door so you can attach 2 runs together if you want it even bigger

great run as its so big and folds away but you couldnt leave your bunnies in it and go out its just not safe enough unfortunately.....

I got one to add to my wooden run, I quite like it. They were on sale at petplanet. I got a 6 x 3 one for 15. Have a look x

I have that exact one I bought a few weeks ago as my landlords would only agree to something that could be folded and put away after use. My smallest bunny is 1.2kg and he definitely could not get his head stuck in it. It comes with tent pegs for when its on grass and it would extremely difficult for the bunnies to lift up, however, they could dig underneath it so they only use it when supervised. I find it quite difficult to fold up on my own and I have caught it a few times and accidentally bent it a bit. It's also definitely not predator proof. For the price I think its a good deal.

My smallest bunny is 1.2kg and he definitely could not get his head stuck in it. .

My friend has a 2.6kg bunny and her rabbit got her head caught in the run linked above. She came back to an exhausted bunny with sores all along their neck from trying to get back out.

Furthermore, there's been quite a lot of cases of rabbits getting their legs caught in these bars when binkying and ending up injuring themselves. As I said in a previous post, these runs are just not worth the risk. Same with many things, you can go years without incident but it doesn't mean it's truly safe. Every type of accommodation has some sort of risk, but I personally like to minimise mine as much as possible and there's too many glaring risks to these metal runs for my liking...

If anyone has any of these metal runs, please mesh the inside of it. Not the outside... in one particularly nasty incident, the bunny got their back leg stuck and because it was meshed on the outside they also broke all of their toes too.

My 4kg bun got his head stuck in one of these on Sunday, luckily I was standing right next to him as it happened. Horrible horrible horrible.. And absolutely typical as the mesh (to do what yaretzi has said and mesh the inside) was dispatched the day after this happened. He was spooked by my uncles bloody dog even though I said "do NOT bring the dog up.." and launched straight forward. But this incident has really tickled them :censored:

Thankfully he is okay, is sore and has bruised his muscle but is bright and eating etc. he's also on some metacam for a while.

If you are to get one then I would definitely mesh the inside :) I also have 2 packs of tent pegs for both runs too :) I was going to buy a big heavy run, but my parents have said no so I just need to fix these up now. Wish I did it sooner but I thought I was getting a wooden run..

Last edited:
Back