• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

MASSIVE RESCUE - Surrey - **WARNING - THREAD CONTAINS GRAPHIC UPSETTING PHOTOS**

Hi sorry just seen this. I have a spare 6ft hutch if temporary homes are still needed, but I would prefer for this to be with rescue backup really

Wanted to thank Mirth for suggesting wood green,
I emailed them earlier today had a very quick response that sounds very promising, I of course cannot make arrangements but details have been passed and looking good for buns :D

Excellent! :D

Poor poor little things :cry: What the hell is going on in that hutch? I cant even make out what it is, its it hay that so compact its solid or what? If i had money and space, god how i wish for a lotto win to help poor little animals like that. :cry: Hope you get sorted with this, keep up the good work guys :thumb:

I am 5 minutes from wood green animal shelter, they are fantastic really hope they can help out. Poor bunnies its just heartbreaking :(

I'm just so glad that she had allowed the animals to be re-homed, as many owners would struggle to let their much-loved pets go. The conditions some of the rabbits were kept in was really quite bad, and I'm just disappointed that she didn't contact anyone sooner. Please don't be horrid or prejudicial 'though, as many on the FB page are, I can see for myself the severity of the issue, however animal hoarding is a medical disorder and often associated with severe depression. I hope she seeks help and has any remaining animals neutered and spayed accordingly. She obviously cares for her pets, else she wouldn't have recognised that the situation had become so bad, nor would she willing offer up her animals.

Bless you to all those who have taken in some of her animals, you really are angels, I only wish I was able to help. I am saddened that something like this has been allowed to happen in this day and age, and that emergency animal foster homes are needed, however the fact is, that they are, and I'm so glad that there are such beautiful people out there, in a position to share love with animals who need it most.

:love:

I'm just so glad that she had allowed the animals to be re-homed, as many owners would struggle to let their much-loved pets go. The conditions some of the rabbits were kept in was really quite bad, and I'm just disappointed that she didn't contact anyone sooner. Please don't be horrid or prejudicial 'though, as many on the FB page are, I can see for myself the severity of the issue, however animal hoarding is a medical disorder and often associated with severe depression. I hope she seeks help and has any remaining animals neutered and spayed accordingly. She obviously cares for her pets, else she wouldn't have recognised that the situation had become so bad, nor would she willing offer up her animals.
Sorry but this isn't someone letting her much loved pets go. Google her phone number and you will see that she advertises animals on every free site going :cry: She has admitted that she did have a pet breeding license but has given that up now. i think the authorites may provide a different and quite frankly, realistic, reason for giving them up.

Im so sorry, wish I could help but for many reasons at the moment it is not possible.
Poor babies :sad:

They managed to get a further 16 buns out and the gpigs, she has 4 remaining rabbits thaat are her 'favourites' and a house full of hamsters which are in immaculate condition, vet checks are being arranged for ALL buns taken from the premises and i beleive this is through wood green, who has also offered large amounts of pellets and help with fostering if needed,

She did post slating the people that were trying to help her!

She does need help, i hope she takes this oppertunity to take it!
Her reasons for bunnies in this condition is she was recently diagnosed with gibro malgia and had the sickness bug, i will not comment on that...............

Glad to hear that the animals are out of there...

Ae the remaining bunnies etc neutered or is there going to be the same position again in the future... perish the thought??.

Well done y'all !!

Fee xxxx

Are the RSPCA involved?

Wheek and Squeak are an excellent guinea pig rescue, who were fantastic when we had the huge rescue of rabbits and guinea pigs several years ago.
http://wheekandsqueak.webs.com/

Might be also worth phoning Blue Cross in Burford to see if they can help with taking some rabbits.

I think all buns have fosters or permanent homes lined up, they are just waiting to see how many of the does are in kit, as they were all just running free in the garden :( one had kindled behind the shed and she didnt know until they were running around the garden, so a good 4 weeks :(

the 4 worse buns have been seen by a vet, 3 are on intensive treatment, antibios, painkillers and mite treatment and will go back in 10days for another dose of ivermectin, the little young doe with the bad bites on her back was also seen and they recommended she be pts, due to her injuries, but at her age and being through so much, the lady that is fostering her has said no, and wants to push for treatment and fight for her, she has been injected with antibios and is on painkillers and will be seen again in 4 days I beleive, shes so young, its horrific to think what happened to her,

Another doe with kits has also been seen by a vet and the doe and 1 of the kits have conjuntivitus and are being treated with eyedrops, mum had a lot of puss removed from her eye,

The remaining buns will have health checks and poss vacc's and neuters arranged by Wood Green - They have been amazing!!

All I can say is well done to everybody involved that has got these bunnys out of this horrendous place :cry:

:cry::cry: Those photos are so sad:cry: I'm glad they have been rescued now...how anyone could let them get in that state I will never understand:cry:

Vibes for the bunnies to get better and get through this horror and find loving homes so they can put all this behind them :love:

Can't believe how bad some are :( they must have been just left to fight or it's matts that damaged the skin do badly. :cry:

Well done to all those involved in getting these animals out of that hell hole. :wave:

I'm glad the lady fostering the badly bitten bun is pushing to give her a chance. If the little girlie has the strength to fight, then I'm glad that she has someone behind her to speak up and help her. :love:

It is so very sad and completely unforgivable that these poor souls have been allowed to get into this dreadful state, but thank goodness for all the fantastic people who have saved them.

Whilst obviously this is terrible I've sent this woman a message on her facebook page as she has her address on it, with all the exposure she is getting, I would feel awful if something did happen to her or her home and I hadn't said anything.

Whilst obviously this is terrible I've sent this woman a message on her facebook page as she has her address on it, with all the exposure she is getting, I would feel awful if something did happen to her or her home and I hadn't said anything.

Well done

Not condoning her actions at all, but a vigilante style 'revenge attack' would be totally wrong and anyone considering such actions would be no better than the woman herself.

Back