• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some random rabbit foody questions?

bunnylover1995

Alpha Buck
Hi there, just looking for a little advice...

1) How much apple can I give my rabbits? If I gave them the core after I've had a nosh, would that be okay as a treat? Do I have to remove the seeds?

2) What can I grow in the garden for buns to eat? :thumb:

3) Does anyone know an online list of wildflowers (with pictures), as I struggle to identify some of the "do and don't" eats when we go for a walk :?

Apple should be given sparingly as a treat, perhaps a slice once every couple of weeks. Not sure about garden but you can grow herbs on any windowsill that gets a lot of light, they like herbs just as much as veg (mine go crazy for parsley and coriander). Can't help you with that last one, sorry.

ETA: Totally forgot to mention that yes, apple pips are poisonous and shouldn't be fed at all. If possible I wouldn't give the core at all.

Last edited:
Try to limit apple pips, they are poisonous.
Also you would be better off growing your own, in the natural world you could bring back germs (myxi) and poisons (weed killer/fertiliser)

But then again, maybe I'm just protective

Now I feel blonde...

The sticky's weren't showing... but having changed laptops, there's one with pics of edible plants :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

I'm going to blame the invisible sticky's on...

IMG_1203_zps871a2a74.jpg

;) :lol:

Sorry :/

There are so many things you can grow in the garden, depending how big your garden is! I've had success growing dandelion, plantain, rocket, basil, mint and parsley all in pots. This year im trying strawberries and coriander too. If you have a big garden you can plant loads of stuff but I'm limited to pots sadly.

Rocket was probably the easiest thing I've ever grown! And if you don't have any natural dandelions in your garden they will gladly grow in pots too.

Back