• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone else?....

hunniebunniex

Young Bun
So I was just wondering...

I keep reading posts about your bunnies and food...bunnies going crazy for treats, etc, etc! :lol: So I was just wondering if anyone else's bunnies are just not food orientated at all?

My Amber just isn't...for starters she is soooooo fussy...if I give her pet shop treats....hell no!! :lol: The only things she really likes from the pet shop are those cereal things that ya hang from the bars. She will eat fresh fruit & veg but it's almost like she knows when she is full because she never eats all of what I give her. Also, Amber will choose cuddles over food any day! :love: If I give her some fruit (her fave is banana) she will just ignore it & come over & nose bump me & lie down for a snuggle! With her pellets, she eats them as & when...its not like I fill her bowl & she eats...she will go back & forth & eat when she is hungry. It's not new, she's nearly 3 & has always been like this...Is this "normal" rabbit behaviour...or does my bun think she's human?! :lol:

Helen x

my Frankie doesnt like banana? i thought all bunnies liked banana.

maybe some are just plain fussy!:lol:

my Frankie doesnt like banana? i thought all bunnies liked banana.

maybe some are just plain fussy!:lol:

:lol: banana is about the only fruit amber will eat! She's not even bothered about apple! She won't eat banana outside of her set up tho...almost like play time is more important than treat time :lol:

My Harry wasn't particularly food-orientated. He was just a ball of fluff who wanted attention and sleep, food was a necessity for when he was hungry. He wouldn't say no to a raisin when being given with fuss though.

No! Our rabbits act like they haven't been fed in days when treat time rolls around.

My mom makes juices with kale, carrots, and apple, and of tend gives the rabbits a bit of pulp. Now Toshi has associated the sounds of the juicer (and my mom being in the kitchen) with treat time and will go and sit on her feet. Sometimes when I let them out before my mom wakes up Toshi will run upstairs and sit in her bedroom doorway, waiting.

Donny and Lola are. Lola is food aggressive :roll: Leo is always hungry as is Poppy and she is on an only pellet diet :lol:

I was going to share a little bit of my banana between Don and Lola the other week, but Donny took the whole chunk and ran into the shed so I couldn't get to him :lol::lol:

Last edited:
My bun is food obsessed and acts as if he has been starved for a year! Now he is indoor bun everytime I go anywhere near where his food is he does an olympic sprint accros the room and climbs my leg. As he is a thin bunny I always feel as if I am starving him but he has unlimited hay all the time so I know he is not really hungry just wanting the "nice" food!

Nope. Mine are food gremlins.

Out of interest, how much pellets does she get a day?

She gets around 130g of pellets...one large bowl...intead of feeding her twice a day i put the pellets out in the morning & they last her through to the next morning. She also get unlimited hay but doesnt eat much of that either...however she does get lots of grazing time in the garden & she does munch loaaads of grass :D

She gets around 130g of pellets...one large bowl...intead of feeding her twice a day i put the pellets out in the morning & they last her through to the next morning. She also get unlimited hay but doesnt eat much of that either...however she does get lots of grazing time in the garden & she does munch loaaads of grass :D

That seems quite a lot. Does she eat a lot of hay?

Neither Thumper nor Benjie are the slightest food orientated. It's just food, & virtually all forage/grass.
They don't touch human veg/treats, & don't touch pellets in summer. They like their herbs though.

None of my animals has been food orientated. Maybe I'm doingsomething wrong.:?:oops:

Neither Thumper nor Benjie are the slightest food orientated. It's just food, & virtually all forage/grass.
They don't touch human veg/treats, & don't touch pellets in summer. They like their herbs though.

None of my animals has been food orientated. Maybe I'm doingsomething wrong.:?:oops:

Well if you are so are we because we are the same here! :lol: Maybe we just have satisfied buns! :D

Back