• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Be careful at Christmas

I haven't put any up this year, I did last year but now that the buns free range 24/7 its just not worth the risk

a further warning- electric wires

I'm sure this has been covered before but I am a fairly new bunny mum and have had two near misses with Fairy/ Christmas lights and my buns so PLEASE take care.
When the two girls became house buns I went to move the LED lights that I always thread up the stairs every year at Christmas. I had just unplugged them and was moving them when Lily took one nip and was straight through. Lesson 1 learned, now hall and kitchen are bunny proofed, and they are limited to those rooms.

Lesson 2. Buns can jump. Duncan lives in a hutch in a greenhouse, he is allowed to free-range in the day and the rescued pigeon he shares it with gets to free- range at night. Due to being a bit of a fairy light fantatic ( I love them) a set of LED lights had been strung up in the higher reaches of the green house.
Well out of reach........... went in tonight to find that Duncan had jumped onto the pigeon hutch, onto the hay onto a hutch and........ bitten a chunk out of the lead:(. Of course it was not switched on so he was just sat looking at me looking pleased at his exploits. I am sooo relieved.

PLEASE take care, they may ignore an electric cables for ages so you think it is ok and then something just appeals to them and before you have a chance to react they are through the wire, and if it is switched on....:(:(

I've had two "near misses" and feel embarresed at my stupidity but I would rather look stupid if it makes one person check their homes before letting the buns have a run.

PLEASE take care, they may ignore an electric cables for ages so you think it is ok and then something just appeals to them and before you have a chance to react they are through the wire, and if it is switched on....:(:(

Totally agree...some buns ignore wires for years, then suddenly chew through a wire...Pebbles is an example..for two years only chewed the settee! But one day he decided to chew two playstation controller charger cables. Now he is banned from the living room!

Back