• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

corn on the cob.

luna

Mama Doe
Hi,

Just wondering is it safe to give corn on the cob to buns? I have read mixed views on this and am just wondering what people think. Is it too hard on their digestion or can it be given as a treat every now and then in small amounts ? My bun Bobby always perks up when I take them out of the fridge and I feel terrible when i eat it in front of him:(

I occasionally give my buns what is left over when we eat it ( which is very rarely). There is usually very little corn left on it for them to eat, but it keeps them amused for ages trying to gnaw it down!

The husks can cause an impaction in their tummies so in my opinion it's not worth the risk. Impactions seem to be very difficult to treat, not something I'd ever had to deal with thank goodness.

I believe that baby corn is safe though!? (hopefully someone will back me up here) perhaps you could give that as a bunny sized version?

I believe that baby corn is safe though!? (hopefully someone will back me up here) perhaps you could give that as a bunny sized version?

Yup baby corn is safe, high in sugar but good as a treat.

Back