• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Even more foraging related questions? (Hawthorn and weeping willow to be precise)

jazxo

Mama Doe
These two bushes are next to each other in the garden. Are they both different types of hawthorn? Or are neither hawthorn? If they are can she have this daily or sparingly?

DSCN4077.jpg

DSCN4078.jpg

DSCN4079.jpg

DSCN4080.jpg

Also, there is a big weeping willow tree in front of my house and I've read that that's fine for her to eat but I haven't seen anything said about it on here? Is it safe?

Both Hawthorn, both fine to feed but make sure you remove any berries (and buds and flowers in spring)

Weeping willow is fine too, but as with all forage, start slowly!
Especially with willow as they will snarf loads down as if you have never fed them:lol:

Both Hawthorn, both fine to feed but make sure you remove any berries (and buds and flowers in spring)

Weeping willow is fine too, but as with all forage, start slowly!
Especially with willow as they will snarf loads down as if you have never fed them:lol:

Thank you, you're so brilliant at this :lol: I have done, started with one leaf now she's up to little branches :) Yeah she goes mad for the willow!

Back