• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

John-Boy ~ 2nd September 2012

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
So now all five Boblets are reunited at Rainbow Bridge. Whether the fact that their Mum, Bobbie, was used as a breeding machine in a Meat Farm played any part in the fact that all five Boblets died of gut problems I will never know. First the three Does, Nellie, Peggy-Sue and Bree all died at just 6 months of age. Post Mortem examination revealed Pyloric Stenosis, thought to be congenital. John-Boy's Brother, Little Bill, died aged about 4 years. His GI tract just stopped working and all attempts to restart it failed. I hoped and hoped that John-Boy might not succumb to a similar gut problem. But he has and I have lost him too. John-Boy was about 5.5 years of age.

Bobbie was actually pregnant again when she was still feeding The Boblets. She also had pneumonia. She delivered another 8 kits. None survived.

I hope that although John-Boy did not have a very long life he was happy. He never really wanted attention from me and once Little Bill passed away he did not want to be bonded with another Rabbit. I did try. He just seemed to prefer to be close to other Rabbits, but not in direct contact with them. So he lived in an enclosure between Morse and Big Libby on one side and Esther and Michael on the other.

I am going to miss John-Boy, the last of The Boblets

boblets3weeks.jpg

boblets4weeks.jpg

jbsuckling.jpg

bobbieandboblets.jpg

chilledboblets.jpg

babyboblets.jpg

jbperiscope.jpg

lbjb2.jpg

lbjb4.jpg

lbjb3.jpg

Farewell for now John-Boy Boblet, I will never forget you xx

John-Boy.jpg

I'm so sorry Jane. :cry:
I know John-Boy had a woderful life with you and so did his brothers and sisters.

:cry: He was such a gorgeous boy, just like all the other Boblets. They are lovely photos Jane, thinking of you xxx

I am so very sorry Jane, but thank you for giving Bobbie and The Boblets a wonderful home for the last 5.5 years, they have had a brilliant life with you and certainly would not have lived as long if we hadn't have got them out of that dreadful place, you did a brilliant job with them

Binky free John-Boy, have fun at the bridge when you get there, go and look for the other Boblets and they will take care of you xxx

Binky free with your siblings, John-Boy. xxx

I am so touched by all the photos of the baby Boblets.

I'm sorry Jane - I remember Bobbie and all the Boblets well and their story. I hope they're all happily reunited at the bridge.

Back