• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Binky's little Shadow ...First anniversary

Thanks again so much everybody.

I've just collected his ashes :(

The crematorium experience was actually very comforting, I've never used one before but the lady there is excellent at what she does. It was good to be able to spend time with him and then to take him there rather than just collect a box of ashes from the vets in due course.

Before I took him there I cut a small collection of his fur so I have a little box of his lovely brown fur to remember him by. It's so hard to think that he was still alive this time last week and it never crossed my mind that I'd lose him as he had GAs before and coped well.

I just have to visit his Rainbow Bridge again because 3 weeks ago now he was still here and I can't stop thinking about how if things had gone differently he'd still have been here with us where he belongs. I keep saying that now he's gone I'm glad he won't have to suffer as he most probably would have done but the more I think it through the more I believe he went before his time and he should still be enjoying his life, with his brother.... if only I'd spent more time saying "he's not right". When I was told last April that he had a small liver, and he'd lost weight so rapidly I honestly thought I'd lose him within weeks, but he had another 14 months.. it was still too soon though ... he was only two and a half.

Most of the people I see think I've lost 'one of my ten' rabbits - but I haven't, I've lost my beautiful, wonderful Shadow.:love::love:

Remembering him ... six months on ....

I just wanted to take a few moments to tell you, Shadow, that I'm thinking of you a lot at the moment and very much so yesterday on the half-anniversary of losing you. I gave Binky extra big cuddles yesterday

I bought broccoli yesterday (your favourite) as it was on the reduced table, they haven't had broccoli in 6 months because I haven't been able to face handing it out without you there.... I had to cut it into very small pieces but the joy on your face as you were eating it was so rewarding.

Thank you so much for your thoughts and good wishes. I accepted his passing fairly easily when I found out what was wrong with him but since I've been doing a lot of soul searching as to what I maybe should have done differently ... maybe if ... he was a fragile little soul though so he wasn't meant to make old bones, hindsight and all that.

Thinking of you today Shadow on the first anniversary of your loss. Your beloved brother has had some health issues but is happy in himself now and is really enjoying being a house rabbit and having human cuddles. I wish you were still together as you were such a team. He's got used to begging without you climbing on his head to get in their first.

Just stopping by to say we haven't forgotten you.

Binky's doing really well but he's only half of the dynamic duo.

Still miss you and will always remember you diving into the carrier for your extra tea away from your brother :love::love:

Last edited:
I haven't got my head round writing a tribute for Binky yet, so it just seemed appropriate to stop by here for now to remember him. I really can't take in that they are now both gone. :cry:

Sending some hugs your way. Such a short time you had both of them really, but they were lucky to have you x

Its not fair - they should have had longer with you but they knew loving homes with you. You should be so proud you rescued them from such a horrible fate & had them under Frances for their medical care. These brothers were meant to find you. Shadows tribute was really lovely & I look forward to reading Binkys when the time is right.

Back