• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi from North West England!

Fennic

Warren Scout
Hi there,

I was directed to here by a member of the fancyratsforum.co.uk as I had a bunny given to me by a neighbour. I've never had pretty much anything to do with rabbits, I've kept rats for 7 years now. This girl as far as I can tell keeps itching a fair bit, and sounds like she may have a respitory issue of some description. I'll be making a vet appointment for as soon as tomorrow when they're open. She was an outdoor rabbit.

Heres a few pictures of her. Afraid I took them worrying about her neck as I thought it was tumors, a Fancyrat member reassured me it was just fur for nesting with thankfully.

DSCF7508.jpg

DSCF7509.jpg

DSCF7507-1.jpg

Hi :wave:

It's just her dewlap (looks like a bunny double chin!) I love rats, kept them for about 15 years but now have buns. You're in the right place for all things bunny!

Thanks for the warm welcome all :D

Samatha, i'm in Cheshire.

The Bun is called Sally, although i'm considering a rename. I'm not entirely sure if she knew her name anyhow. :oops: Any ideas for a name?

Bless her, she looks a sweetie! I'm on fancy rats too, have my two girls Honey and Treasure. But also have 3 buns :wave:

Update:

I went over to the neighbours house and asked about the age, it's possible she could be under a year, I got the neighbours mixed up (by having the same first name) She did tell me something worrying though, she said the other doe in with her had no ears, the guy took that rabbit with him. Could they possibly had been fighting for territory as it's a tiny hutch? As they was both unspayed.

I also bought her a seagrass ball to play with to tie her over with got some new hay and a trial pack of science selective pellets i've put ontop of the muslei for her to try/be weaned off.

Hi :wave: it sounds like what you are doing now is brilliant :thumb: a step in the right direction for Sally! :love: Hay is totally important for buns and a lot of us on here have science selective for our rabbits :D

Managed to get her out of the hutch to give it a proper clean today, she sat on the sofa with me for a while, seem to have an odd thing with chewing my pants, which at one point managed to bite my leg through them >< I'm fairly sure it wasn't intentional, shes fine with being stroked she was ok with going back into her hutch also after it was cleaned. Those nails are aweful though, roll on vet appointment. :\ She feels roughly 1.5 - 2 stone or so also. How heavy do (if she is or is even fully grown) dutch rabbits get to? We'll have her weighed properly at the vets hopefully.

Thanks for the warm welcome all :D

Samatha, i'm in Cheshire.

The Bun is called Sally, although i'm considering a rename. I'm not entirely sure if she knew her name anyhow. :oops: Any ideas for a name?

Hiya I'm in Chapel en le frith nr Buxton and my name is Sally as well....Sally is a lovely bunny very pretty...say hi to Sally from another Sally!

Just seen her knew name...Hi Queenie! cute name suites her

Back