• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

VIP and SUPER VIP buns ar P@H!!!!!! *worse than ever!*

A customer of mine recently told me she brought a rabbit from p@h on Easter Monday in Manchester/Stockport store. She is a very responsible pet owner, she used to talk to me about her hammys she has and she gives excellent care......however she did impulse buy a cute little female bun on easter Monday

She purchased the 'standard' p@h bun £35 I think.....however she told me about these VIP, super VIP buns and said they where all sold out. Having had the hammys she said she really wanted to get one of the neutered, vacs etc but couldn't.

She was given a new care sheet buy the staff that listed all the costs, neuter, vacs, check up, nail trim FOR ALL THE LOCAL VETS in a 15 mile radius..... By the way this store does have a companion care inside it. The member of staff also suggested calling each vet and discussing when they would look to do it etc. and not just settle for cheapest.

She since joined companion care on my advice, but I was really amazed at a) the VIP buns and b) the level of care discussed on a busy day with no doubt hundreds or impulse buyers.

I've also recommend her to join here too

Well personally i think they should be inundated with emails congratulating them on this mahoosive step forward, and told that I might actually start shopping there for my pet supplies!:thumb:

A surprisingly positive move from P@H. Definitely moving in the right direction.

Another good thing about this is that it will stop the rising amount of unwanted litters!! :D

ETA: To be honest this is probably a better move than not selling rabbits at all because people would definitely go to back yard breeders if there were no bunnies there. At least this way they can get rabbits neutered, micro-chipped and vaccinated, then obviously they will know about vaccinations and hopefully continue with them throughout the rabbits' life. :)

This is a brilliant leap in the right direction as far as I'm concerned. The fact that they are selling rabbits for more than most rescues ask for as a donation should also hopefully mean that re-homing via reputable rescues picks up!! It would certainly make a difference to Honeybunnies as we often pick up the pieces from P@H mis-informed purchases :(

Yes sadly some folks will go to BYB but I believe that this won't be the majority. I believe that some will think "I'm not paying that!" and not bother at all :thumb: or possibly investigate local rescues and the rest will think "Oh I didn't know they should be neutered & vaccinated!" ...and leave having been educated...some with a bun, some without.... Those leaving empty handed may go and research more and then contact local rescues as a result :thumb:

This is a brilliant leap in the right direction as far as I'm concerned. The fact that they are selling rabbits for more than most rescues ask for as a donation should also hopefully mean that re-homing via reputable rescues picks up!! It would certainly make a difference to Honeybunnies as we often pick up the pieces from P@H mis-informed purchases :(

Yes sadly some folks will go to BYB but I believe that this won't be the majority. I believe that some will think "I'm not paying that!" and not bother at all :thumb: or possibly investigate local rescues and the rest will think "Oh I didn't know they should be neutered & vaccinated!" ...and leave having been educated...some with a bun, some without.... Those leaving empty handed may go and research more and then contact local rescues as a result :thumb:

And buns given up to rescue will be more likely to be vaccinated and neutered, saving the rescue money getting them ready for rehoming :)

Oh wow, it's definitely a huge step in the right direction and I hope it's something they introduce to all stores across the country. :D

It won't stop the problem of some people going to BYB's but, even if pets at home stopped selling bunnies altogether, the same would still be true. More importantly though, PaH are doing more to ensure that rabbits aren't an impulse buy/seen as a cheap, low-maintenance pet and that can only be a good thing for the bunnies.

And buns given up to rescue will be more likely to be vaccinated and neutered, saving the rescue money getting them ready for rehoming :)

And, another useful thing regarding the microchip - does won't have to be opened up to be spayed on the assumption that they aren't already as the microchip should be able to trace their origins and that they've already been done.

Step in the right direction I'd say!

Get them moving onto our P@H they've gone so downhill since some of the staff left :(

fantastic news. The general public (not people on here) probably set great store by what P@H promotes by way of animal care. We could bang on about it forever more and not get the message across so quickly to so many people. I'll definitely be emailing them saying well done. I've been quick enough to complain on several occasions :lol: A huge step in the right direction for me.

Well done P@H :thumb:

at the bottom it states how much each of the individual prices would be for vacc,micro and neutre :)

also there were new posters up saying buns should live in pairs etc

its the pets at home in raynes park xxx

Wow I am going to go and check it out tomororw. Is Andrea still there :(

AND... it will stop impulse buys in shops. 'Mummy, I want a rabbit!'...'OK, lets get a rabbit' and walking out with the first rabbit and hutch they see. :thumb:

I just hope it does actually come to Scottish stores as I don't think any of the stores in Scotland have the built in vets, and I would assume they do the neutering, chipping and vaccs in their own vets?

AND... it will stop impulse buys in shops. 'Mummy, I want a rabbit!'...'OK, lets get a rabbit' and walking out with the first rabbit and hutch they see. :thumb:

I just hope it does actually come to Scottish stores as I don't think any of the stores in Scotland have the built in vets, and I would assume they do the neutering, chipping and vaccs in their own vets?

There are a few, one in Bishopbriggs has a companion care vet and no doubt there will be others.

ETA Just had a quick look and counted 7 so there is potential!

Last edited:
There are a few, one in Bishopbriggs has a companion care vet and no doubt there will be others.

ETA Just had a quick look and counted 7 so there is potential!

Oh I didn't know that, that's good :thumb: I've only been in 4 (Inverness, Wick, Dundee and Perth) and they didn't have them.

Back