• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent temp foster care needed ( see post 11) - Northants/Leic

JJS

Alpha Buck
Just had this text from a friend...... what can I do to help - I have no accomodation and feel really bad about this.....
:cry::cry::cry:

"Don't know if you can help but my sister has found an injured rabbit. It has a broken front leg and it has now been checked over by a vet who suggests it needs amputating.... None of us have any space for another rabbit.

The vet suggests that it needs attention and by Wednesday it must be put down or sorted.

It's current fate is to be put down I'm afraid.

Any ideas? "

Last edited:
I havent an answer to that as yet - I have asked though... awaiting reply.

What would its chances be ?

I really wish I could help. I can't stand the thought of the bunny being in pain with a broken leg. I just can't afford to pay the vets bills for this sort of operation, but if I can help in any other way please let me know :cry:

Julie..if you can get it to Leicester we'll take it..we have nowhere for it to go yet but we'll sort that out later..our vet will amputate..
if someone can get it to our vets..King Richards..i'll ring them and say to expect it..
please let me know

alison..would you be able to foster it post op?

Julie..if you can get it to Leicester we'll take it..we have nowhere for it to go yet but we'll sort that out later..our vet will amputate..
if someone can get it to our vets..King Richards..i'll ring them and say to expect it..
please let me know

alison..would you be able to foster it post op?

I can help with transporting bun if Julie can get him to me :wave:

spoken to julie who is going to see if her vet will do op as she trusts him..obviously!...if so it means less transportign around for bun
it will be treated as a Honeybunny and we will cover costs..so any help appreciated!
if anypone is confident in fosterign a post op bun please get in touch as at present we are more than full and I have a very ill elderly parent to deal with on top of all else so cannot cope with this bun here at the moment

spoken to julie who is going to see if her vet will do op as she trusts him..obviously!...if so it means less transportign around for bun
it will be treated as a Honeybunny and we will cover costs..so any help appreciated!
if anypone is confident in fosterign a post op bun please get in touch as at present we are more than full and I have a very ill elderly parent to deal with on top of all else so cannot cope with this bun here at the moment

:thumb:

Update!

Julie has collected bun, now named 'Wilbur' :love: and taken him to her local vets. They will monitor him today & overnight to ensure he's eating etc & plan to amputate his leg tomorrow. Lots of vibes needed for this bunny who is apparently very friendly and no bother at all :love:

*** Hoping someone will be able to help with temp foster care as he'll need somewhere to recover after his op before he can be re-homed***

:wave:​

Julie has collected bun, now named 'Wilbur' :love: and taken him to her local vets. They will monitor him today & overnight to ensure he's eating etc & plan to amputate his leg tomorrow. Lots of vibes needed for this bunny who is apparently very friendly and no bother at all :love:

*** Hoping someone will be able to help with temp foster care as he'll need somewhere to recover after his op before he can be re-homed***

:wave:​

I can confirm that he is a wonderful bunny....... despite all was as good as gold.
:wave:

Not the best pic but this is Wilbur :love::love:

Wilbur.jpg

i hope yiu find someone- i would offer but i think im too far. hope he recovers fromhis op hes gorgeous!:love::love::love:

Back