• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Supreme FibaFirst U/D Uh oh! Malformed caecs and strange finding! U/D Experiment done

prettylupin

Wise Old Thumper
Just putting a THE order through and spotted these in 'new products'.

Seems like they are a new high fibre pellet with large particle fibre - it sounds interesting and promising. Anyone tried them or use them or know a bit more about them? :wave:

Apologies if a thread already on these, I did do a quick search and could only find one reference to them in another thread about the Burgess cube thingys.

Last edited:
I'm using the guinea pig one, which is going down well (and seems to be helping with bladder sludge). :)

Oh wow, they look pretty good. I might have to get some to try with Bunsk and Belle!

How easily broken down are they? I have an incisorless bunny, he would never manage these without them being broken up.

When they eat them they crumble quite a bit so I expect they would break down quite easily. :) Sometimes I snap them in half if they are a bit big and it's no struggle.

I'm confused now! Supreme have also brought out a product called Vet Care plus (only available from vets) and the 'light' version has 34% crude fibre and looks exactly the same as the Fibafirst! They also do a Digestive version and a Urinary Tract version - both with various herbs and various fibre content.

Three of my bunnies love it but Pea won't touch it!

I just emailed them to ask for a sample before buying any, as well as asking if they do anything like this for piggies. Fingers crossed they send some :lol:

I just emailed them to ask for a sample before buying any, as well as asking if they do anything like this for piggies. Fingers crossed they send some :lol:

The book has something about piggies in so I'm pretty sure they do a piggie version too. :)

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?327271-Fibafirst ;)

If you want some to try PL I have loooooads. I'm only giving them as a treat and not even halfway through one box yet!

Whoops too late! :oops: But thank you very much anyway for the offer. I've ordered a small bag to try as a treat, not as a proper food, just interested to see how she tolerates them, she is moulting heavily so may need some additional help, mainly because she is sticking mostly to the monoculture hay as this seasons WWW hay isn't as appetising as it usually is (poor weather last summer).

Just had a reply to my email and they are posting me rabbit and guinea pig samples today :thumb: :D

Whoops too late! :oops: But thank you very much anyway for the offer. I've ordered a small bag to try as a treat, not as a proper food, just interested to see how she tolerates them, she is moulting heavily so may need some additional help, mainly because she is sticking mostly to the monoculture hay as this seasons WWW hay isn't as appetising as it usually is (poor weather last summer).

if I can find somewhere local that stocks them I may switch them over eventually although it might make it difficult for our pet sitters. Apparently they have less alfalfa in and I'm thinking that may help Mini. Alfalfa seems to be something that sets off her tumtum. Although sometimes I wonder if she is just struggling to reach and maybe damp, cold weather makes her hip hurt.

My free 'samples' arrived today!

20120217_173814.jpg

Well I bought a small box through my THE order and I can honestly say now that I has a rabbit what eats a specific pelleted/complete feed for the first time in 4 years!

I'm very impressed with this product. Poppy only gets 3 sticks once a day but absolutely no dysbiosis which has never happened with Poppy before :D

Well I bought a small box through my THE order and I can honestly say now that I has a rabbit what eats a specific pelleted/complete feed for the first time in 4 years!

I'm very impressed with this product. Poppy only gets 3 sticks once a day but absolutely no dysbiosis which has never happened with Poppy before :D

Does dysbiosis mean squidgy poo?

Back