• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding quad -update week 7

Bugsy is actually grooming pebbles! I thought it would never happen!:lol: I had thought i'd seen him make an attempt to groom Pebbles a few times over the last few days, but poor Pebs is still wary and runs from him. But now he got a full headwash! I'm sooo happy now - even though there is still a pit of fur pulling - I feel we have made significant progress!

Will have to try to get a few pictures. They are still confined to dining room, but Bugsy really wants to get out ( he made a quick escape this morning and made it to my bedroom, but the sound of food soon had him back where he belonged!!)

Last edited:
To be honest, they haven't been fighting all this time! Just a bit of fur pulling by Bugsy - and only with Pebbles. The others all get along great together and have all been grooming each other for a couple of weeks - after a fortnight I was confident enough to leave them alone for a few hours when I went back to work. I guess I have been fortunate that I had half term week off, went back to work for a couple of days, then have been off work sick since them.

I think the main thing is to keep their space small for as long as possible. My dining room is only 9x9ft, but initially they were in a 4ft diameter pen. it took me two weeks to double the size, before giving the rest of the dining room.

I do admire you. I was bonding my 3 at the same time you started bonding your 4 but my bond went wrong unfortunately. I have tried to reintroduce them in a totally neutral space but Hazel seemed terrified and everytime Jassy went near her she'd dive into a corner. Jake and Jassy were running round the garden yesterday and Jassy went into the summerhouse where Hazel was and bit her on the nose!! Feel I cant put Hazel through that again so am looking for her own companion.

Well, I'm now into week 7 or 8, and everything is still going good! Apart from the very rare hair pulling, all four are now well bonded and will all snuggle up together and groom each other. I'll have to try to get a few more pictures taken of them all together if they sit still long enough:lol:

Thanks. They now have the run of the dining room, living room, kitchen, hall and bathroom and also half the patio and lawn when it is nice out there. Amazing to see them running around and binkying in the garden together! Now I need to get cracking on the shed and run for foster bunnies!!

Back